Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- How clean is your house?- OT

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited October 2017
    Dobie said:
    ... invite family or friends over
    turns into clean freak instantly...
    Works like a charm.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    I'm blessed Kay is the one who has to have the house clean! I have said she cleans the clean. I'm the slacker on the house cleaning and she rocks. Oh and the bed is made every day.....................
    That is one area I'm not OCD.  I just can't justify making the bed each day when you're just going to go back into it that night, plus nobody is allowed in our bedroom but us. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• DMW said:
    Lit said:
    My wife is super OCD when it comes to clean. I would guess she vacuums 3-4 times a week and if I leave stuff out she'll put it away which can get aggravating cause I knew where it was before she hid it. 
    Same here. She is now not allowed in my office when cleaning. My office looks like a disaster zone, but I know exactly where everything is in there.
    Same.   It’s a disaster zone, but it’s MY disaster zone.  I know where all the bodies are buried.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited October 2017
    Lit said:
    My wife is super OCD when it comes to clean. I would guess she vacuums 3-4 times a week and if I leave stuff out she'll put it away which can get aggravating cause I knew where it was before she hid it. 
    This must be a boricua thing. My wife even pulls the putting away thing when I'm in the middle of using it for something, like making dinner.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Lit said:
    This must be a boricua thing. My wife even pulls the putting away thing when I'm in the middle of using it for something, like making dinner.
    That is something that really pisses me off. I'll be using something for prep, turn around and it's gone. As in, when you had your back turned for 5 seconds I put it in the dishwasher.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    DMW said:
    Lit said:
    Same here. She is now not allowed in my office when cleaning. My office looks like a disaster zone, but I know exactly where everything is in there.
    Same.   It’s a disaster zone, but it’s MY disaster zone.  I know where all the bodies are buried.
    Knowing where the bodies are is key.  After your wife organizes it all out of the goodness of her heart, nightmare.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    I just want to know who was more pissed, you or the wife?  

I am more clean but cluttered, wife prefers the kitchen clear, except for crumbs and adhered food. ;) 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    bigbadben said:
    I just want to know who was more pissed, you or the wife?  

I am more clean but cluttered, wife prefers the kitchen clear, except for crumbs and adhered food. ;) 
    #pissedoffwife.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Better to be pissed off than pissed on. Unless there were Russian ....
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I have twin girls (11) who play travel softball, basketball, tennis, piano and girl scouts.  A son (14) that plays baseball, football and runs the videography for our church while my wife and I work full time......and 2 dogs.  We have one night a week when nothing is going on.
    My house is clean but very rarely tidy. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    We keep our house pretty clean, but finally hired a maid that comes every other week for $75 a pop. Vacuums, mops, scrubs down both bathrooms and the kitchen, dusts and I don't know what else. We were busy cleaning up every Saturday or Sunday and decided it was worth us to just pay somebody else so we could spend quality time with The Duke. One of those life balances. I hate paying somebody to do something we can do, but enjoy the weekends a whole lot more.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    I absolutely mirror the OP. Our house was always clean and we shared the duties. However my wife had clutter. Lots of clutter, neat and clean clutter. It led to a serious problem in our marriage. It's funny how once she started storing her clutter how much she liked it. We have containers with labels for everything. As the years passed we came to the conclusion that it stemmed from her growing up in a small house with 6 siblings. Stuff had to be organized but there wasn't a place for everything. Dec. 15 will mark 40 years of marriage. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    As a married man, you can either be right... Or be happy. You gotta pick one. Can't be both. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    My wife and I both own our businesses so the time we do spend at home we do not want to spend it cleaning.  We are going on four years now with a cleaning lady that comes 2 times a week and does everything even cooks for us from time to time.  No kids yet, no pets the house is always clean.  As stated above it probably saved our marriage as well.    
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    We gave up maids because my wife (god love her) would want to spend 2 hours the night before they came precleaning.  It only takes about 3 hours to clean the whole house now that the kid can help, and we don’t have to do it on a Tuesday night.

I also work from home twice a week, so I can run the vacuum or wipe down the kitchen sink and stove or other maintenance job while I’m on a conference call too.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    A wife who works full time that doesn't get too concerned about cleaning plus me who is a natural slob and works full time plus travels for work 75 - 100 days a year.plus a 17, a 15, a 13 and an 11 year old.  All boys. We would be better off hiring an excavator rather than a maid. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    My wife is a neat freak so as clean as a house with four-year-olds can be :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Back when I was with the X Wife we came home one night after having dinner out and the front door was wide open! Call the Police and they came and went in the house looked around while we waited and one officer came out and said we found no one in the house and only room looks like it was ransacked! I said oh that is my office we thanked them for clearing the house of any bad people. Guessing we just didn't close the door when we left. :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    My short answer- TFC  (too f'ing clean).  We have enough vacuum cleaners to suck the chrome off many a hitch and make sure Earth's orbit doesn't get a wobble.  One of the best events I enjoyed was throwing a friggin vacuum cleaner off the Royal Gorge bridge on my way from San Diego to DC in 1985.    It was definitely not on the preferred route but the satisfaction  (SWMBO followed a while later) was worth the major detour.  Of course nothing has changed in the follow-on years.  
    Suck---------, "blow" is just a figure of speech  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    We're friggin slobs. Pure nasty. 
  • I would differentiate between cleanliness (absence of filth) and tidiness (absence of clutter). My house is generally quite clean, but is often untidy (darn kids!!!!).
  • Lit said:
    This annoys me almost as much as me leaving something out annoys her. I work out of town , but when home I don't want the bed made if I'm just going to the bathroom.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    My wife is such a clean freak that my friends would joke about our house being the only one that had no trash in the trash cans.  wifey would empty all trash cans prior to any guests coming.  Also, DON'T MOVE MY STUFF is the only time I raise my voice at her.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    looks like the 60 year old kitchen carpet could use a steaming, maybe dust off the drainpipe over the front door and fridge. vacuum could use a cleaning as well =)

maybe next week, tying some smelt imitations and going fishing this weekend

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it