Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT; International Moment of frustration Scream Day - October 12th

Tomorrow is the day that at noon you can go outside and scream for 30 seconds, to help you with whatever frustrates you.....I prefer wing day or bourbon day, but yelling is somehow rewarding, depending on your frustration. What frustrates you?
Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• Snowflakes and idiots, sorry that was redundant wasn't it ?
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    im not going to burden you with my frustrations, but I shall sit in my car and scream fvvvvvvvvvvvvccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow at noon. Thanks for the heads up. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Snowflakes and idiots, sorry that was redundant wasn't it ?
    No, there are days when I consider myself one or both of those things....depends on the adult beverage consumed.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Skiddymarker
    @theyolksonyou sounds very therapeautic, sure you don't want to share? 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,319
    I default to, "You can't legislate against stupidity."  And the corollary, "The stupid shall be punished."
    But the direct answer would be quite lengthy-so for brevity, the excessive packaging/shrink wrap of merchandise that requires a sharp knife to open.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    im not going to burden you with my frustrations, but I shall sit in my car and scream fvvvvvvvvvvvvccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow at noon. Thanks for the heads up. 
    Your ritual since Wing Ding 1?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Skiddymarker
    @bgebrent must have missed something......
  • theyolksonyou
    I'll say I've been at my company 21 years. This has been the worst one. The rest is boring. 
  • bgebrent
    Brother, he lost a wing cook off with some fellow eggers a year ago which precipitated the bitterness jokes that have been around since. That's all.  Jason is very bitter, when not in his garage.
  • Skiddymarker
    edited October 2017
    bgebrent said:
    Brother, he lost a wing cook off with some fellow eggers a year ago which precipitated the bitterness jokes that have been around since. That's all.  Jason is very bitter, when not in his garage.
    Actually, @bgebrent, without the wing cook off I can completely identify with being alone and very happy in my garage - the only place where everyone there understands me. Thanks for the clarification....
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent said:
    Actually, @bgebrent, without the wing cook off I can completely identify with being alone and very happy in my garage - the only place where everyone there understands me. Thanks for the clarification....
    Yep. 
  • bgebrent
    Jason's disagree flag is further proof of his bitterness.  May have to arrange a therapist for him at BB.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    What frustrates me?
    High heat ozone levels all summer, with PNW fire smoke a month ago, and now Santa Ana fires in CA (terrible!) has had me coughing bad for a month; slept at least 14 hours/day this last 4-day weekend.
    So, I can't scream right now.  But I sure feel like it.   :|

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Skiddymarker
    Botch said:
    What frustrates me?
    High heat ozone levels all summer, with PNW fire smoke a month ago, and now Santa Ana fires in CA (terrible!) has had me coughing bad for a month; slept at least 14 hours/day this last 4-day weekend.
    Smoke has been terrible on both sides of the 49th this summer - worst I recall after almost 32 years in the greater Vancouver area. 

This climate change stuff may just be real, Cali is on fire and half of the south east is under water. 

#1 son had a nasty allergy season this year, I feel for you....
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    bgebrent said:
    Jason's disagree flag is further proof of his bitterness.  May have to arrange a therapist for him at BB.
    I am here to stand up for my buddy from North Georgia. His trips to BB are epic. You no he is usually in a big hurry to get there, chats it up with NC's finest and gets a special accommodation before he ever gets to BB.  Jason Bitterman makes the best breakfast sammies.....and you know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Thanks Jason for all you do. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    bgebrent said:
    I am here to stand up for my buddy from North Georgia. His trips to BB are epic. You no he is usually in a big hurry to get there, chats it up with NC's finest and gets a special accommodation before he ever gets to BB.  Jason Bitterman makes the best breakfast sammies.....and you know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Thanks Jason for all you do. 
    Thanks, hippy.  I think. 
  • bgebrent
    Botch said:
    What frustrates me?
    Smoke has been terrible on both sides of the 49th this summer - worst I recall after almost 32 years in the greater Vancouver area. 

This climate change stuff may just be real, Cali is on fire and half of the south east is under water. 

#1 son had a nasty allergy season this year, I feel for you....
    You assert a climate change anecdote.  May be real.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @Botch That sounds effing miserable with the smoke. I'd be happy to scream for you my friend. 

As for me, I'd rather just stay chill. 
    https://youtu.be/phaJXp_zMYM
    Frustration comes on many different levels. But, as I reflect, I can't think of anything I'd scream to self-soothe. Doing so would be empowering whatever it was that I was screaming about.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    edited October 2017
    Cars on the interstate that do not use cruise control annoy me quite a bit
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    I'll say I've been at my company 21 years. This has been the worst one. The rest is boring. 
    I was at my previous employers 31 years. The last two years I counted the days. I gave them a 9 month notice of my retirement. At my retirement party my boss gave his two week notice that he was moving out of state and accepting another job.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    30 seconds may not be long enough.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited October 2017
    Tomorrow is the day that at noon you can go outside and scream for 30 seconds, to help you with whatever frustrates you.....I prefer wing day or bourbon day, but yelling is somehow rewarding, depending on your frustration. What frustrates you?
    Noon eastern?

My countdown
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,736
    i think im going to just sit back and watch everyone else scream.  the medias screaming, puerto ricos screaming, the left is screaming, europe is screaming noko is screaming, iran is screaming. life is great again =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Screaming at nothing seems like a waste of energy.  Can we find a snowflake and scream at them?  

Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Ultra-sensitive folks with no sense of humor who find racism in anything/everything.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Ultra-sensitive folks with no sense of humor who find racism in anything/everything.  

I found racism in your post.  I just screamed at you.

That makes me a snowflake, so I screamed again at myself.

Phoenix 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    just remember, the carpet is not always greener...
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Skiddymarker
    @northGAcock sorry for not seeing this until now (12:30EDT) but it is noon in your local time zone, if you live in the eastern time zone and missed it you have two choices, get to a western time zone or mark you calendar for next year. =)
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    I will be just starting a presentation, sooo tempting...