Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone have an Audi Q5?

Options

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    F Pace R-Sport?   Need to try one of those.  

I have an X3 now, and owned BMWs for at least 20 years - along with some Audis, but not a recent model or SUV variant. (My Dad's got a Tiguan though, which is Q3 right?).   

Was not impressed with the driving experience of my daughters RR Sport,  in fact I preferred the Evoque she had before. 

What about a Maserati Levante?   A (any) bonkers Italian car is on my bucket list. 
    I'll apologise for the above 'old man' Jag comment then ......

Used Maseratis are cheap, if you can manage the occasional big bill. Used Alfas are even cheaper, nice 3 litre V6?
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    F Pace R-Sport?   Need to try one of those.  

I have an X3 now, and owned BMWs for at least 20 years - along with some Audis, but not a recent model or SUV variant. (My Dad's got a Tiguan though, which is Q3 right?).   

Was not impressed with the driving experience of my daughters RR Sport,  in fact I preferred the Evoque she had before. 

What about a Maserati Levante?   A (any) bonkers Italian car is on my bucket list. 
    I'll apologise for the above 'old man' Jag comment then ......

Used Maseratis are cheap, if you can manage the occasional big bill. Used Alfas are even cheaper, nice 3 litre V6?
    Proper V6 sound, accompanied by bits falling off! The stuff of legend.   =)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    It's hard to beat a Lexus 
    Love that commercial of the guy in witness protection. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Jeremiah
    Options
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Funny but the Q5 has the most reserved (blending into the crowd) styling of the bunch. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    nolaegghead said:  I want something more challenging to own.  If Range Rover made a sports car with a 50 mile warranty, I might consider that, for instance. 
    I recommend a 70s vintage Lotus. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Funny but the Q5 has the most reserved (blending into the crowd) styling of the bunch. 
    I think you're probably right about that, and ironically for many people - that's part of the appeal.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    I think it's funny to hear a female talk about cars.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    I think it's funny to hear a female talk about cars.

That's what Cam said. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Guys.....if you want info on a Honda Civic....I'm your guy.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • jamesj
    jamesj Posts: 36
    Options
    Regarding trading in your car, you do realize that if you trade a car in and get $20K for the car it lowers your taxable amount by $20K
    Large BGE  Houston TX
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    jamesj said:
    Regarding trading in your car, you do realize that if you trade a car in and get $20K for the car it lowers your taxable amount by $20K
    Yes.  But what we are doing and have done in the past is find a private buyer for more than the trade in and do the sale at the dealer with the purchase of the new vehicle and the tax applies to the new purchase.
    Options
    I test drove my first Audi this weekend and fell in love.  Now I just need to convince the wife why I need a S7 in my future.  
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    McStew said:
    I test drove my first Audi this weekend and fell in love.  Now I just need to convince the wife why I need a S7 in my future.  
    Start off by convincing her that you need an RS7.  Then the S7 will look like a compromise.  
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Nola why didn't she want a big van?sure the v10 drinks a little gas. And you have to add a quart or 2 of oil between the 10k oil change. But does her ride have a fridge? How many lawn chairs can she fit? How about a place to keep beer koozies organized? Or a change of clothes and some cleaning supplies. A place to put firearms? I bet people don't even get nervous when she drives real slow going through neighborhoods or at the mall. Did I mention how much room there is for activities? Gonna upgrade the carpet soon for rubber floors. Easier clean up and the old carpet has seen better days. Maybe add some tie-downs so things won't be moving around so much. Once you go van you never go back. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • jamesj
    jamesj Posts: 36
    Options
    jamesj said:
    Yes.  But what we are doing and have done in the past is find a private buyer for more than the trade in and do the sale at the dealer with the purchase of the new vehicle and the tax applies to the new purchase.
    Definitely the best way if you can get everyone on board with that.
    Large BGE  Houston TX
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2017
    Options
    McStew said:
    Start off by convincing her that you need an RS7.  Then the S7 will look like a compromise.  
    An acquaintance of mine was doing 160 in an r-8 when he saw blue lights about a half mile behind him. he pulled over. 

The cop walked up and said thanks for stopping. He didn’t want to give him a ticket, he just wanted to get a look at his car. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    McStew said:
    An acquaintance of mine was doing 160 in an r-8 when he saw blue lights about a half mile behind him. he pulled over. 

The cop walked up and said thanks for stopping. He didn’t want to give him a ticket, he just wanted to get a look at his car. 
    They are beautiful machines.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I rented an A4 in Germany a few years ago.  Unfortunately, it came with a governor whereby when the car got over 100 mph, SWMBO's fingernails started to dig into my thigh.  Each day of the trip, the governor loosened up a little such that I can tell you that it purred like a kitten at 140 mph.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I rented an A4 in Germany a few years ago.  Unfortunately, it came with a governor whereby when the car got over 100 mph, SWMBO's fingernails started to dig into my thigh.  Each day of the trip, the governor loosened up a little such that I can tell you that it purred like a kitten at 140 mph.
    Unrestricted autobahns are great fun but some of the high speed crash wreckage is pretty sobering.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    150 mph is about the fastest I've driven.  I was chasing a Saleen in my Cayman, looked at the speedometer and chickened out.  Never did test the top speed.  I wonder what a 90 mph over the limit ticket would look like - probably "Go to Jail".
    Options
    150 mph is about the fastest I've driven.  I was chasing a Saleen in my Cayman, looked at the speedometer and chickened out.  Never did test the top speed.  I wonder what a 90 mph over the limit ticket would look like - probably "Go to Jail".
    Its not a speeding ticket at that point it is reckless driving...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • BierMugg
    Options
    On my third Leased Q7. Great cars.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    A co-worker was pulled doing 120mph-ish on an empty stretch of an interstate bypass in the wee hours of the morning in his BMW 3-something about 15 years ago. No alcohol involved; he was just returning from a weekend trip to D.C.

The judge gave him a $3000 fine and revoked his license for 6 months. He wasn't even allowed to just drive to/from work. We all thought that was pretty harsh but he didn't even try to contest it which might have been the wise move - don't really want to piss off the judge.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    It's about time for a picture here.  At 85 comments in, we deserve it.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Foghorn said:
    Unrestricted autobahns are great fun but some of the high speed crash wreckage is pretty sobering.
    That's quite true.  
    Everyone can drive fast, some people have enough skill and experience to anticipate & react in those conditions, but no-one can control other road-users or wildlife.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Nola why didn't she want a big van?sure the v10 drinks a little gas. And you have to add a quart or 2 of oil between the 10k oil change. But does her ride have a fridge? How many lawn chairs can she fit? How about a place to keep beer koozies organized? Or a change of clothes and some cleaning supplies. A place to put firearms? I bet people don't even get nervous when she drives real slow going through neighborhoods or at the mall. Did I mention how much room there is for activities? Gonna upgrade the carpet soon for rubber floors. Easier clean up and the old carpet has seen better days. Maybe add some tie-downs so things won't be moving around so much. Once you go van you never go back. 
    "And bodies? How many dead bodies can she hide in a Q5? 3? 4? pffffftttt. 'Murder Q5'  just doesn't have the same ring to it."

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    caliking said:
    texaswig said:
    "And bodies? How many dead bodies can she hide in a Q5? 3? 4? pffffftttt. 'Murder Q5'  just doesn't have the same ring to it."
    Someone had to say it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    I am an Audi guy, had a couple of A4's and an S4. I program their software as dealers send me customers wanting 'options' enabled which they can't do. Anyway the Q5 is a solid car and is the same chassis as the A4. Feel free to send me a message if you would like to know more.
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ