Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Again!

2»

Comments

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    Rascal said:
    Oh My Gowad, Someone better call Algore!!!

Pssst!  Weather and climate are two different things, Einstein.
    His knowledge knows no bounds. Impressive. 

Only Harvey, "got a minute honey" Weinstein knows more. 

He knows Hill "the thrill" and Bill "blue dress" and Barry "I'm cool and you're not" and Michelle "the card dealer". 

#gotice
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Probably a lot of rain in Alabama regardless of the amount of wind Sunday. 
    I'm probably going to make a batch of sweet potato brownies to go with the half turkey breast that I egged yesterday. I'll just pick up a salad at the grocery to go with it tonight. I'm heading out of town tomorrow noon. Don't think it is going to be real bad but Mom will have a stroke if I don't go up there.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @nolaegghead Edit. I'm hoping the majority of Nola's pumps are online with  backups on the ready?
    We're at, I heard, 92% pump capacity.  Forecast seems to be 5" or less of rain for the whole event so we should be ok.  Guess we'll find out. 

We just got a letter from FEMA this week that declared we're now in an X flood zone (0.2% chance or 500 year storm).  This is good news for us as our flood insurance rates will drop.

Algiers Point (where we live) and the French Quarter were the first establishments in the area as they were the high ground during spring floods. 
    @nolaegghead - good news on the near-term storm ('cane) bearing down.  And better on the long-term insurance relief.  Hope it holds given the recent Noah-like  flood rains in Houston.  
    Although the latest track I have seen puts it right over @SGH 's property.  Hope the guessers are off-target but the likely-hood of that decreases as the time to land-fall closes in.
    Above all, stay safe as a one legged man in a brisket camp contest is quite an asset.  Definitely beats the alternative.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    @nolaegghead Edit. I'm hoping the majority of Nola's pumps are online with  backups on the ready?
    We're at, I heard, 92% pump capacity.  Forecast seems to be 5" or less of rain for the whole event so we should be ok.  Guess we'll find out. 

We just got a letter from FEMA this week that declared we're now in an X flood zone (0.2% chance or 500 year storm).  This is good news for us as our flood insurance rates will drop.

Algiers Point (where we live) and the French Quarter were the first establishments in the area as they were the high ground during spring floods. 
    What happens if you live more than 500 yrs?
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Hopefully no real damage occurs to any of the Direct Hit area. It would be nice if Nate ended up being nothing more than an annoyance for the weekend activities & cooks.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Hopefully no real damage occurs to any of the Direct Hit area. It would be nice if Nate ended up being nothing more than an annoyance for the weekend activities & cooks.
    True that, we plan to keep rocking out with our original plans for the weekend. I bought  some ice and filled the coolers and stocked up on some food. The wife said our local Walmart was absolute bananas.
    LBGE
    AL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    thetrim said:
    And he's moving really fast. That'll help limit his strengthening.
    No kidding, this morning when I watched the news, they said we'll be getting rain from Nate Monday.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    I'm watching some Katrina documentaries on the Weather Channel.  SKEERY!

I don't think Nate will be more than a nasty tropical storm for us in the city proper.  East of us, likely a different story.  Storm surge is still gonna be a b!tch for folks on the water.  Wut a crazy year.
    Nate has picked up steam, the waters are cooler as he gets closer to shore so that might help. I really hate hissycanes!
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    As the speed of the storm increases, so does the velocity of the winds in the NE quadrant. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Jim Cantore left Mississippi and went to south Alabama. Just saying.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Jim's a big, strong, man and likes to be right where the sh*t's hittin' the fan (NPI!). 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Good luck Gulf Coasters. Thankfully this one is not as bad as what we normally get. Nonetheless, it should be taken seriously just the same. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Stay safe.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Sure hope Nate doesn't break the budget again.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Pretty lame storm here in NOLA.  Probably won't even need to rakes leaves tomorrow.
    @SGH, @nolaegghead@nolabrew, @Thatgrimguy and all others on the gulf coast; I'm hoping @SGH's assessment above has held true into daylight hours. Stay safe and here's to quick restoration of normalcy (end-user defined).  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Weak ass storm— looks like a regular storm here in the south by all accounts. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • theyolksonyou
    Looks like storm surge on Biloxi was pretty high. 

@sgh @Thatgrimguy
  • Gulfcoastguy
    I just got back in town. No damage here other than a few pine limbs down. Full utilities available, including cable.
  • SGH
    Spoke to Grim (Scott Allen) a little while ago. He came through it just fine as well. Certainly glad to hear it. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    SGH said:
    Spoke to Grim (Scott Allen) a little while ago. He came through it just fine as well. Certainly glad to hear it. 
    Thinking about him.  Thanks for the update @SGH
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Wasn’t there supposed to be a cookout at Scott’s in October?
  • SGH
    theyolksonyou said:
    Thanks for the update @SGH
    Anytime brother yolk. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Wasn’t there supposed to be a cookout at Scott’s in October?
    Not that I'm wet of. However I could be wrong.  

Status- Standing by.

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    I fared pretty well. The river didn't come up high enough to mess with me, and I only lost a couple roof tiles of my metal roof.  I had a tree down at the dealership but fortunately it missed all my cars!! So, all in all, not a bad storm!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Yes it looks like we all lucked out. Maybe Mother Nature will be over her menopause by next year.