Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Taking Gbaby to Disney...

Options
After working power restoration in S Fla for the past 4 weeks, I finally got a few days off.
 Figures that our reservation, made 3 months ago, for Bibbity Bobbity Boutique are this weekend , and Grammy has been reminding her that it was coming up. So Poppa HAD to bring her. She is 3 1/2 years old.
Now I am sitting outside the Boutique while her and Grammy and cousins are getting their hair did.
Wouldnt trade it for anything in the world.

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    My girls loved that experience- you could tell they were extremely proud walking around after being made into princesses. Have fun!

Greensboro, NC
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Those are truly Magical Moments with the grand kids. Done that a few times. Enjoy the day.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Awesome! Been there done that, I still smile just thinking about it. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • PoppasGrill
    Options

After a short power nap she made it to the fireworks.
    Poppa is a zombie today , but that smile was worth it.
    The princess outfit and makeup lasted about an hour.
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    Funny you posted this. As we just got "home" about 45 min ago. We caught the last ferry to the transportation center and the last tram to the parking lot. There were only TWO cars in our lot when we got there. Just got the kids in bed and getting ready for a shower. Then start all over again tomorrow. Been here for 2 days and seems like a week already. Four more trips to the parks. 
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options
    Glad you're enjoying the experience!  Many thanks for helping to restore our power!!

2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    FANCY STUFF!! I looked into taking my nieces to that boutique and couldn't get a reservation. You have to plan your whole trip around it. What a special experience for her. I can't wait to take my daughters one day!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    Poppasgrill, first...
     let me thank you  for your assistance in getting our electric power back on down here in Florida....u guys are the best! God bless...
    Next I am smiling ear to ear as I read about ,and look at the pictures of your granddaughter....mine is 3 years old and and she calls me bubba...we took her to Disney in August...yes... August in the heat...because she smiled at me and said "bubba, we need to go  Disney  world"... My wife and I immediately left the cool mountains of North Carolina and headed home to Florida in August to take her there....
    What were we thinking?...
    it was so good we are headed back at the end of October and taking a BGE mini max as we will be camping at fort wilderness....
    for many years I never understand the old guys talking on...and on....about their grandchildren...now I get it!

Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    It sounds like you're able to really relish and soak in all this love. :plus_one: Enjoy these oh so special times. 
    https://youtu.be/lBDN8yWyNYU
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    We took our grandkids to WDW a couple of Christmases back for 10 days and had a great time. I also took my granddaughter to the boutique and then we visited Animal Kingdom that day. Here are a couple of pics, one after the appointment, and one of her digging in the dirt.

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    tml1230 said:
    Poppasgrill, first...
     let me thank you  for your assistance in getting our electric power back on down here in Florida....u guys are the best! God bless...
    Next I am smiling ear to ear as I read about ,and look at the pictures of your granddaughter....mine is 3 years old and and she calls me bubba...we took her to Disney in August...yes... August in the heat...because she smiled at me and said "bubba, we need to go  Disney  world"... My wife and I immediately left the cool mountains of North Carolina and headed home to Florida in August to take her there....
    it was so good we are headed back at the end of October and taking a BGE mini max as we will be camping at fort wilderness....
    for many years I never understand the old guys talking on...and on....about their grandchildren...now I get it!

Look and see when the food and wine festival are going on in October at Epcot.  Its a great time to go.  They also have Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party at night.  Worth the extra $ to go.  Wife and I had a great time.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • PoppasGrill
    Options
    tml1230 said:
    Poppasgrill, first...

Look and see when the food and wine festival are going on in October at Epcot.  Its a great time to go.  They also have Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party at night.  Worth the extra $ to go.  Wife and I had a great time.  
    We were there for the Not So Scary Halloween party, there was a lot of great performances, both during the day and after dark. Gbaby and her cousin had a great time, not to mention walking out with 4+ lbs of candy. We only went for the day, living less than 2 hours away, but plan on taking her to Animal Kingdom next month to celebrate Grammy and Poppa's anniversary.
  • PoppasGrill
    Options
    CTMike said:
    We took our grandkids to WDW a couple of Christmases back for 10 days and had a great time. I also took my granddaughter to the boutique and then we visited Animal Kingdom that day. Here are a couple of pics, one after the appointment, and one of her digging in the dirt.

Very pretty, she looks proud to be a princess. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    If you/she enjoy Rainforest Cafe, the one at Animal Kingdom has the shortest lines I've ever seen - especially if you set yourself up for an early lunch.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I am happy for you. Kids / family are what it is all about. I got this text from my adult son this morning. I hope you don't mind my posting it here.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow