Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Healthy Eating at its worse.

Comments

• maso
    maso Posts: 240
    That doesn't look bad! Even got some bacon there! But is that chicken or...?
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    That looks like s feast. Try a green smoothie as a meal. 

You can imagine what it looked like when full. 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • maso said:
    That doesn't look bad! Even got some bacon there! But is that chicken or...?
    That'll be a nice fat slap of Tilapia. Salad loses. Fish ties. But the asparagus wins. Great flavor. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Oh my goodness. That looks rough. Maybe smoke all the ingredients first???
    kl8ton said:
    That looks like s feast. Try a green smoothie as a meal. 

You can imagine what it looked like when full. 

Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Spoiler alert - that strip of bacon and dressing could be worth well over 500 calories (equivalent to a McDonald’s egg McMuffin and hash brown combo).  
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Eating healthy is worth it, just schedule in a couple cheat meals per week to keep your sanity :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    It all looks good to me 'cept for the paper plate itself.  Blech!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Spoiler alert - that strip of bacon and dressing could be worth well over 500 calories (equivalent to a McDonald’s egg McMuffin and hash brown combo).  
    Well crap. I had no clue. I know what's for breakfast tomorrow!! 

Unspoiler Alert:
    Maybe next time, I'll not actually eat the bacon kinda like this time. That'll save some calories. Reckon? Dressing had 150 in it. 

I'm in the mid 1100's for calories today. Maybe I'll make it. 

Ive lost 10#'s in 20 days. I'll stick to it. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE

• Botch said:
    It all looks good to me 'cept for the paper plate itself.  Blech!  
    It's plastic. Can't afford paper. I have an ex wife. Hahahaha. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • I'm actually thinking Baltimore pit beef sammiches this weekend. have you ever done those??
    Hans61 said:
    Eating healthy is worth it, just schedule in a couple cheat meals per week to keep your sanity :-)
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • I'm actually thinking Baltimore pit beef sammiches this weekend. have you ever done those??
    Hans61 said:
    They are insanely good.  And incredibly healthy too!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
    Hans61 said:
    Healthy is exactly what I needed to hear. I made them several years back but have not in a while. Going to the pepper palace this past weekend and having some nasal napalm got me craving some tiger sauce. Which led to pit beef. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
    Hans61 said:
    Healthy is exactly what I needed to hear. I made them several years back but have not in a while. Going to the pepper palace this past weekend and having some nasal napalm got me craving some tiger sauce. Which led to pit beef. 
    I did a variation on these recently using beef tenderloin with @Eggcelsior's tiger sauce recipe.  Insane.  Impossible to eat just one.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    That's because that is not healthy eating. Sorry, but the only healthy bits on that plate are the veggies. And they got buried under bacon and a gallon of creamy something. Even tilapia is the subject of debate when it comes to "healthy" seafood. In general, farm raised fish is not healthy. 

Try one strip of bacon on the asparagus next time. Or none. It's quite good with just a little oil and some s&p. On the grid or in a CI skillet.

And try a vinaigrette (just a little) on the salad. Nothing creamy. And read the dressing nutrition label... check the serving size. Guaranteed it's not a GALLON! =)

As for the fish, try some wild caught salmon. Aldi sells frozen wild caught for less than $4 a pound! I've seen it at Walmart too, but haven't tied it yet or even paid much attention to the label. I keep meaning to, but Aldi is so much closer.

Healthy is a good thing. And once you get used to it, it IS good!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

Hans61 said:
    I did a variation on these recently using beef tenderloin with @Eggcelsior's tiger sauce recipe.  Insane.  Impossible to eat just one.
    I'll definitely be looking into that. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • That's because that is not healthy eating. Sorry, but the only healthy bits on that plate are the veggies. And they got buried under bacon and a gallon of creamy something. Even tilapia is the subject of debate when it comes to "healthy" seafood. In general, farm raised fish is not healthy. 

Try one strip of bacon on the asparagus next time. Or none. It's quite good with just a little oil and some s&p. On the grid or in a CI skillet.

And try a vinaigrette (just a little) on the salad. Nothing creamy. And read the dressing nutrition label... check the serving size. Guaranteed it's not a GALLON! =)

As for the fish, try some wild caught salmon. Aldi sells frozen wild caught for less than $4 a pound! I've seen it at Walmart too, but haven't tied it yet or even paid much attention to the label. I keep meaning to, but Aldi is so much closer.

Thanks!
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Healthy? 

Possibly my favorite comedy ever. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • That's because that is not healthy eating. Sorry, but the only healthy bits on that plate are the veggies. And they got buried under bacon and a gallon of creamy something. Even tilapia is the subject of debate when it comes to "healthy" seafood. In general, farm raised fish is not healthy. 

Seek therapy.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    65 years of eating bacon and creamy dressing beats 85 years of eating oat bran.  
    That's my motto and I'm sticking to it.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    edited September 2017
    You want to know what else is super duper cheap and healthy?  Cat food.  I bet they even have it on special at Walmart.
  • Botch said:
    Dying old is WAY overrated.  Give me a good old fashioned heart attack at 75 I always say.
  • You want to know what else is super duper cheap and healthy?  Cat food.  I bet they even have it on special at Walmart.
    Hahahaha. Holy rip. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Botch said:

I wanna join your fitness club.  

Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Maybe eating healthy is relative. Like wealth. Or beauty. Like, my meal tonight. Comparatively speaking, it's healthy. For me at least. I've also lost a few pounds doin what I've been doing. So I'm pleased. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • You can make kickass healthy food on your egg or anything else. 74.2% of what we cook would
    probably considered healthy. If it weren't for booze I would be like Bruce Jenner...oh wait.  
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • You can make kickass healthy food on your egg or anything else. 74.2% of what we cook would
    probably considered healthy. If it weren't for booze I would be like Bruce Jenner...oh wait.  
    Eeeeeeeasy big fella. 

Agree on the alchy. 

I was actually thinking 74.982%. But it may be due to rounding. Ha!
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
    probably considered healthy. 

You're like the Jenny Craig of the egghead forum. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site

You're like the Jenny Craig of the egghead forum. 
    Just with a lot less salt.