Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yard Bird

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
edited September 2017 in EggHead Forum

375*-400*  Raised direct. Here's the spice rub recipe. Watch the video to get the correct recipe. I didn't do the lime and olive oil at the end. Turned out to be a great spice rub for chicken and other meats too I figure. Recipe; http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/spice-rubbed-smoked-chicken-michael-symon
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @500
    Great looking bird brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Thanks Brother SGH. This is favorite chicken rub right now. I think Symon has the cooking chops, so I trust his recipes. Eating at his restaurants in Cleveland are a must do when you visit. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    That's some good looking chicken right there!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    500 said:
    Thanks Brother SGH. 
    My pleasure brother.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.