Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    It's about to go down. Scotch eggs and wings. Football is back! 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Foghorn You are living right my friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @Foghorn You are living right my friend. 
    Thank you @SciAggie.  We have a new butcher shop about 2 minutes from our house.  We decided to have some friends over and explore their offerings.  They're going to get a lot of our business.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    @Foghorn - better to be lucky than good any day.  Great looking groceries on your various cookers.  Enjoy the results.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Thanks @lousubcap.  After spending last weekend with competition cookers on their giant offsets I had a hankering to light mine up.  I've gotten so spoiled by my egg that I sort of forgot how much detail and diligence is required to manage an offset and my fire management was less than ideal.  Fortunately, the beef ribs, chicken diablo, bacon-wrapped asparagus, and the tomahawk ribeye turned out perfect.  The pork ribs were overcooked on the bottom (my temp got up to 450 at one point) and the brisket was dry in the flat.  But I was just cooking the brisket to chop and take to work so it wasn't a big deal.  Overall, was a good day.  And it reminded me how much space I have on my offset - I just need to find an excuse to fill it up one of these days.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Foghorn - Compared to yours I don't have much real estate but it's more than enough for me.  I am burning wood today just because I enjoy the fire management challenge as you noted above.  With the small cooker in order to keep the temp in the 250-275*F range means a small and hot fire.  And that also means feeding it around a stick every 20 minutes or so.  (I am convinced that the large pits have a whole lot more latitude with the fire/temp control deal.)  
    Adult beverage management is more critical with the stick burner than the BGE for sure.  
    Enjoy the results as I'm sure you will.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    @lousubcap, enjoy your day of playing with fire.  

San Antonio, TX

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options

Short stop in Kennebunkport this afternoon. 
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • buzzvol
    Options

View from room in Boothbay Harbor.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Recovering from a day in Chattanooga and the TN aquarium. My phone is pretty good at pictures as well. #android 

Right up the road. 
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options
    My wife took this one. Cool picture in the mirror.

Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Not sure who's worse; Cam Newton or these announcers. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Watching football waiting on Irma. Jags looked good today. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options

yeah, I'm doing it. Next time it'll be matchlight. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Foghorn
    Options
    blind99 said:

yeah, I'm doing it. Next time it'll be matchlight. 
    Oh no you di -int.

San Antonio, TX

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    I love my eggs too much to do that to them. 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Get ready for ash out the wazoo. I used a bag that I had sitting around and I swear I cleaned out more ash than the amount of charcoal I put in. Burned fine and cooked the food just fine, tho. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • lousubcap
    Options
    The charcoal is okay (lots of ash) but when you mention Matchlight run as fast as you can.  I tried it one time when it first came on the market (30+ years ago ??) and never did another cook with the junk.  I'm sure it has improved over time but the charcoal lighter fluid taste never did leave those briquettes on that one off.  FWIW-
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Dear lord. Anyone who thinks "insert you least favorite brand" lump is smoky should light up some of this stuff. 

Im running low on lump, kind of a travesty. I'm embarrassed. 

@foghorn oh yes I di id!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Dear lord. Anyone who thinks "insert you least favorite brand" lump is smoky should light up some of this stuff. 

@foghorn oh yes I di id!
    embarrassed for you my friend. =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Why do you have that stuff at your house? 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Hope your stuff is policed ;)
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Hope your stuff is policed ;)
    You won't find briquettes in my possession officer. 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    blind99 said:

@foghorn oh yes I di id!
    Are you Catholic?  I'm just trying to figure out your need to confess your sin.

I suspect a number of eggheads have done it - they just don't publicize it.

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    blind99 said:

@foghorn oh yes I di id!

Are you coming out?
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    ROFL, I have it muted while I surf the net, so I can only speak for what I see.  But you are prob. right. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Anybody is better than Collingsworth. 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:
    blind99 said:

@foghorn oh yes I di id!

Are you coming out?
    It's cute the way you KY jelly boys project your feelings onto others.

San Antonio, TX

• buzzvol
    Options

This morning on the Marginal Way in Ogunquit.

Lawrenceville, GA