Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Six Pies

Options
...and an '05 Premier Cru Burgundry. Good eats. 

LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Nice work. I was just thinking there are some folks that I'm always tempted to "like" their posts before the pics finish loading. Your cooks are always among them. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • havertyj
    Options
    Nice! Looks so good! I agree with @SciAggie about liking your post before the pictures completely loaded. Yum! Suggestions for someone doing first pizza or favorite recipe?
    ♦︎ John ♦︎ Large BGE ♦︎ Topeka, KS ♦︎ My Blog ♦︎
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thanks guys. @havertyj I like a particular style pizza, Nepalatano-ish, lightly topped and thin crust. If you like that type I can offer some advice, starting with give your Egg a LONG time to Aniston to temp (line 90-120 min), cook about  550-600 dome, and go light on toppings. PM me if you want to talk live. Pizza on the Egg is a lot of fun. 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Damn nice run on the pies!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Those all look great.  Nicely done.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Oh yea. Nice pizzas. And a good red I pairs nicely. I get better with pizza each time but still haven't nailed it yet. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • havertyj
    Options
    CPARKTX said:
    Thanks guys. @havertyj I like a particular style pizza, Nepalatano-ish, lightly topped and thin crust. If you like that type I can offer some advice, starting with give your Egg a LONG time to Aniston to temp (line 90-120 min), cook about  550-600 dome, and go light on toppings. PM me if you want to talk live. Pizza on the Egg is a lot of fun. 
    I showed pictures to my wife and she agreed we want to try that style of pizza. I will follow up via DM. I recently finished my fifth cook on BGE, so still very new to the process. Finally got a temp over 350 with he last cook after breaking it in a bit. Loving it so far! I know pizza is on an upcoming menu as is chili.
    ♦︎ John ♦︎ Large BGE ♦︎ Topeka, KS ♦︎ My Blog ♦︎
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great looking pies and pour brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • PASmoke
    PASmoke Posts: 279
    Options
    Looks great! It's nice to see someone else including wine in their posts.....
    Atlanta, GA - Large BGE x 2