Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Future egging event location clean up

So here's a update on my old Dodge house dealership. We cram packed 40 yard roll away dumpster in a little over 3 hours. I'll have it traded with a fresh one on Tuesday. Done lots of work but it's looking way better. It's always nice to have a buddy with the front end loader willing to help.
https://youtu.be/X1X2C3mAY90

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Excellent. Is the kegorator installed yet?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    @Foghorn I want to build a keezer. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    This is promising. Now we just have to settle on a date.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • texaswig
    @caliking I'm gonna bring in a hippie from New Orleans to set up the whole thing. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'm. In
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    henapple said:
    I'm. In
    @texaswig You'll need a creek for this guy to do a faceplant in. 

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    I'm in
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • texaswig
    @caliking haha maybe we can get a kiddy pool. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Ho Lee Fook! 

That's a whole lotta junk.  It probably knocked a bunch off the price!

Yeah man, I'll help ya out with a shin-dig.  Step one, retain an attorney... ;)
    Ho Lee Fook! 

Anytime you need an attorney on retainer, you know a good time is gonna be had.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    Ho Lee Fook! 

Anytime you need an attorney on retainer, you know a good time is gonna be had.
    That is why I keep it at step one.  Regret can only happen in the future of unwise action. 
    @nolaegghead just so happens the guy on the tractor has a brother that's a well-known lawyer in these parts. His dad was also my high school shop teacher. One bad thing about living in a small town is everybody knows you. the best thing about living in a small town is you know everybody. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • nolaegghead
    You accomplished step one quickly.  I'm impressed.  Step 2. Theme. You can work this around an angel sponsor, or just say screw those guys and do whatever you like.
    There will be no sponsors in the Texas Thunder Dome. We go No Holds Barred. We will be free to cook on any and all apparatus. Maybe even boil some ribs just for the spite of it. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • nolaegghead
    I like it! 

Maybe add:

Texas Thunder Dome
    "...the meat is in the van!"

Or

Texas Thunder Dome
    "...who needs monster truck when you have monster meat!"

Or

Texas Thunder Dome
    "...fine non-human meat cooked by aficionados!"

I dunno, I'm drunk.  ;)

Nola may be on to something here.  A tag line thread on a friday night may have potential.

Phoenix 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    texaswig said:
    There will be no sponsors in the Texas Thunder Dome. 
    I see what you did there  ;)
  • texaswig
    Today's update. I didn't check the mail yesterday. I missed that the city sent me my last warning to get the outside cleaned up.or they are gonna take me to court.  I called the code enforcement person last week and he never returned my phone call. I was in a holding pattern because the trash service (ran in conjunction with the city utility service)  had me waiting over a week for the trash bin I needed and already paid for. I think it's kinda funny they were asleep at the wheel for years while the former owners tenant made such a mess. After getting the tenant out as soon as possible. Im in the building 4 days before I get my first notice.also the city owned lot behind me has grass 3 foot tall. I want to go cause a big stink but it's just asking for more headaches. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    texaswig said:
    Today's update. I didn't check the mail yesterday. I missed that the city sent me my last warning to get the outside cleaned up.or they are gonna take me to court.  I called the code enforcement person last week and he never returned my phone call. I was in a holding pattern because the trash service (ran in conjunction with the city utility service)  had me waiting over a week for the trash bin I needed and already paid for. I think it's kinda funny they were asleep at the wheel for years while the former owners tenant made such a mess. After getting the tenant out as soon as possible. Im in the building 4 days before I get my first notice.also the city owned lot behind me has grass 3 foot tall. I want to go cause a big stink but it's just asking for more headaches. 
    This calls for a futile and stupid move. And you're just the guy to do it. 

Toga.

Toga!

TOGA!!!

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Fvck 'em. You are doing the right thing.
    Got that attorney yet?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Looks like the clean up being done all over the Houston area.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • texaswig
    Haha.  @YukonRon yep I still have my attorney. I'm not worried about it. I've documented everything with photos and videos. I've done more cleaning then what's been done there in 20 years. It just makes me laugh. I also know how nice everthing is gonna look when I get done. And then I'm gonna bug the hell of our them. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Very glad for you my brother. Hoping it goes smoothly for you.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    What a great project. Carry on!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • caliking
    texaswig said:
    Dodge House update! The city Code Compliance person called me today. Asked me a couple questions and was really nice. Thanked me for trying so hard and told me as long as I'm making efforts I will have no problems with them. That's good news.
    Sweet!

They must not know about the murder van... 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    caliking said:
    texaswig said:
    Dodge House update! The city Code Compliance person called me today. Asked me a couple questions and was really nice. Thanked me for trying so hard and told me as long as I'm making efforts I will have no problems with them. That's good news.
    Sweet!

They must not know about the murder van... 
    or they DO know about the murder van
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    @texaswig If I can help just give me the call. I'm just an hour away. I'll bring the Shirley with me!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    texaswig said:
    Maybe you can mow their lot, make it look nice, and try for some sort of reverse eminent domain!  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • texaswig
    @Hotch thanks for the offer bud. We're still doing the big clean out. I may have a bobcat with a grabber lined up for tomorrow.  I can't wait for you to see the place. When we finally get to do some cooking it's gonna be nice. @kl8ton I can probably buy it for cheap because the city would prefer someone to pay taxes on it. My plate is kinda full right now. But it's in the big plan. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx