Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Shrimp and sausage skewers (semi-OT)

SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
I saw this method for stacking shrimp and sausage and I gave it a try. It is basically shrimp wrapped sausage on a stick. I used Kiolbassa Jalapeño Beef Sausage.  My friend brought me some sauce from Southern Soul in SSI so I painted some on at the end of the cook.  The sauce is excellent and we really enjoyed this combo. 

Ignore the cooking appliance.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• Larrycg
    Larrycg Posts: 49
    That looks really good, I normally wrap the shrimp in bacon, secure with a toothpick and dunk in catalina dressing then pile them all in a basket... will have to try it with sausage instead next time!
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Great Cook!! I saw something like that on Smoked Meat with Jef, going have to give that a try
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,168
    That looks really good. I have had bacon-wrapped stuff before, but never shrimp-wrapped. I have a friend who lives on SSI and he says Southern Soul is good.
  • SmokeyPitt
    That looks really good. I have had bacon-wrapped stuff before, but never shrimp-wrapped. I have a friend who lives on SSI and he says Southern Soul is good.
    My friend that brought me the sauce really enjoyed it as well. I also noticed they carry it at my Publix. There is a section at the end of an aisle called "locals corner" or something like that.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    Larrycg said:
    That looks really good, I normally wrap the shrimp in bacon, secure with a toothpick and dunk in catalina dressing then pile them all in a basket... will have to try it with sausage instead next time!
    Thanks! Your recipe sounds excellent as well. I have done the bacon wrapped and it is really good. The sausage skewers were a little less labor intensive to build so good for lazy cooks like me.

• SmokeyPitt
    lkapigian said:
    Great Cook!! I saw something like that on Smoked Meat with Jef, going have to give that a try
    Thanks! I want to try these on the egg sometimes so I get a little smoke. I was cheating with the lil' gasser for a quick weeknight cook. It's also a new toy to play with.

• Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    What size shrimp, just want to make sure I buy the right size.  Thanks 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    edited August 2017
    Like this? I believe these are U12. And yes it's on a gasser. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • SmokeyPitt
    Moleman said:
    What size shrimp, just want to make sure I buy the right size.  Thanks 
    @Moleman I used Jumbo 31-40 count per lb. 

@td66snrf those look amazing. I don't think I can get shrimp that pretty here in GA. I am digging those skewers as well. 

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    @SmokeyPitt I got them at Costco in the frozen section.  4lb bag 50 bucks
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser