Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peach cobbler and summer just seem to go together.

Options
epcotisbest
epcotisbest Posts: 2,173
The peaches were hanging on the tree yesterday. Today they are in my belly.
Just a simple cobbler my wife tossed together. I am so lucky. Small serving because I don't need the sugar.

Comments

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    Peach cobbler is one of my favorites.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    Hibby said:
    Peach cobbler is one of my favorites.
    Mine too. Now mind you, this needed some nice Vanilla Bean ice cream to go with it, but was OK as is.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    My Mom's peach pie is my all-time favorite dessert, especially ice-cold.  Can't say I've ever had a cobbler, but I bet it's similar.

Hint:  add a tsp of almond extract to your peach dessert, Mom's pie has that and its over-the-top!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Man, I agree. Your dish looks awesome.
    My Beautiful Wife made peach cobbler, the day the peaches showed up at the Farmers Market across the street. 2 words; "The Best."
    Wait, scratch that, 3 words; "The Best Ever."
    Great post, thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Man, I agree. Your dish looks awesome.
    My Beautiful Wife made peach cobbler, the day the peaches showed up at the Farmers Market across the street. 2 words; "The Best."
    Wait, scratch that, 3 words; "The Best Ever."
    Great post, thank you for sharing.
    Thanks for the kind remarks. She made one for me with Splenda last year and offered to do so again but I told her I would rather just have a smaller portion of a regular cobbler. It was so good. Leftovers in the fridge are tempting me right now. Must resist the temptation.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Preggers just looked over and said, "yeah. Do that"

Looks great. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Look great. With peaches being so plentiful and inexpensive, I'm grilling them a couple time a week.  Just cut in half and rub with olive oil. Grill skin side down. finish with a small dab of butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar and/or cinnamon.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    Look great. With peaches being so plentiful and inexpensive, I'm grilling them a couple time a week.  Just cut in half and rub with olive oil. Grill skin side down. finish with a small dab of butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar and/or cinnamon.
    Have not tried grilling any. Will give that a try. Thanks for the idea.
  • epcotisbest
    Options

Preggers just looked over and said, "yeah. Do that"

Looks great. 
    She deserves what ever she want, so you should get to picking then baking.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Peach cobbler is the best, agree completely. Looks awesome. Regarding the sugar, has anyone tried using a substitute, like Splenda? 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Peach cobbler is the best, agree completely. Looks awesome. Regarding the sugar, has anyone tried using a substitute, like Splenda? 
    No worries @Skiddymarker

I've heard of studies that show all the butter and sugar evaporate during the cooking process.  Adding ice cream aides in the process.

Peach cobbler is the best, closely followed by blueberry cobbler.

Phoenix 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Looks great... my favorite.... just can't beat homemade peach cobbler 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Beautiful.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    Looks great... my favorite.... just can't beat homemade peach cobbler 
    bgebrent said:
    Beautiful.
    Thank you. I appreciate the kind words.