Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeye with. Grilled Feta Eggplant and Tomato

Eggplant was hit with salt for 30-45 mins to pull the moisture out then hit with EVOO and DP Mediterraneanish, tomatoes were hit with EVOO and SnP.    On the gasser because I've screwed these up on the egg with the lack of immediate heat control 

Once they were tender(maters went on when the eggplant were flipped the first time) they hit stacked and hit wth fresh basil,feta cheese and a balsamic reduction 

Meanwhile the steak got seared up on the mini.  And resting 

Plated up 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Man that looks delish, nice cook.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,168
    Nice. With lots of tomatoes right now, we have been trying to use the up. Might try this. A guy can only eat so many mater sandwiches. (How many? I don't know, lost count.)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Another great cook but I'm sure the outcome was enhanced by the certified diamond plate ;)  .  As always a true gourmet delight.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    That kinda meal is in my boathouse.  Looks great!
    Very nice as usual. I'd be all over those tomatoes. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Looks fantastic. Those tomatoes are gorgeous and a nice change from plain salad.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Represents my favorite foods on a diamond plate. With eyes lowered, and my head bowed, I silently utter "Amen."
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,007
    Fantastic cook and hurrah not a necro-ed thread to boot. :D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------