Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ribeye with. Grilled Feta Eggplant and Tomato

Eggplant was hit with salt for 30-45 mins to pull the moisture out then hit with EVOO and DP Mediterraneanish, tomatoes were hit with EVOO and SnP.    On the gasser because I've screwed these up on the egg with the lack of immediate heat control 

Once they were tender(maters went on when the eggplant were flipped the first time) they hit stacked and hit wth fresh basil,feta cheese and a balsamic reduction 

Meanwhile the steak got seared up on the mini.  And resting 

Plated up 

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• FockerFocker Posts: 8,364
    Man that looks delish, nice cook.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 1,968
    Nice. With lots of tomatoes right now, we have been trying to use the up. Might try this. A guy can only eat so many mater sandwiches. (How many? I don't know, lost count.)
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,070
    Another great cook but I'm sure the outcome was enhanced by the certified diamond plate ;)  .  As always a true gourmet delight.  Congrats.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 27,259
    That kinda meal is in my boathouse.  Looks great!

• SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,605
    Very nice as usual. I'd be all over those tomatoes. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • DredgerDredger Posts: 1,453
    Looks fantastic. Those tomatoes are gorgeous and a nice change from plain salad.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,074
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,436
    Represents my favorite foods on a diamond plate. With eyes lowered, and my head bowed, I silently utter "Amen."
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • StormbringerStormbringer Posts: 1,257
    Fantastic cook and hurrah not a necro-ed thread to boot. :D
    Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff http://www.thecooksdigest.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------