Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Joetisserie and Chicken Pot Pie

Options
I've been trying to figure out what to do with this Joetisserie that changes my cooking game so the next two months will be interesting. 

First, I rotisseried a chicken. No wood to keep the smoke flavor down. 

Then through the magic of being married...there was a chicken pot pie. 

Coming right along. 

More to follow. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    Options
    Bless you for being married to a pregnant wife.  Chicken pot pie is something that makes the time go by smoother.  Keep updating.  And the special MPD's that @henapple started you down a very dark path with.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @Possumtrot Chris and his kids are here tonight  

you know I had a dessert request  

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Dude, somehow I read the title and expected to see the CPP on the XXXTisserie!!!  Whew
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @The_Stache don't think I didn't try to figure that out. Maybe a fried pie version. 

No plated pics. I had to slap Chris' hand away to get the last slice pic. Its gone. 

Now for dessert. 

South of Nashville, TN

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit I've been sitting here drinking some 19% Belgium Brew thinking about the possibilities AND "random other thoughts"
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Might I suggest chicken salad for the leftover Joetisserie chicken? Of course, chicken pot pie and chicken soup ain't bad.

Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I love chicken pot pie. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Bless you my brother. A pregnant wife. A lot of comfort food is in your immediate future. Learn the rotisserie. Monitor many low and slow cooks. Stay calm. Most of all, and I know you will, take care of her, and enjoy it. Congrats.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,072
    Options
    That looks superb. Did you partially or fully cook the chicken before adding it into the pie?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @Stormbringer I cook it in the 170s. The roux and the moisture from the veggies keeps it from drying out in the pie. 

@YukonRon she is hitting the hostile "swelling in the summer heat" stage. There isn't enough Chick-Fil-A in the world to fit the bill but we are in the home stretch. 

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @Stormbringer I cook it in the 170s. The roux and the moisture from the veggies keeps it from drying out in the pie. 

@YukonRon she is hitting the hostile "swelling in the summer heat" stage. There isn't enough Chick-Fil-A in the world to fit the bill but we are in the home stretch. 
    Blessings upon your home,  tread lightly on the rice paper, and you will survive this.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky