Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FireCraft Rockwood Price Increase?

THEBuckeye
THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
edited July 2017 in EggHead Forum

Just placed a new order to take advantage of free shipping. Seems the Rockwood price increased to $24.95. Last I checked that was what some ACE's were selling for, plus tax. Anyone know when the increase happened? Also noticed no more Blues Hog available and a very few wood chips/chunks offering. 
New Albany, Ohio 

Comments

• Someone made a comment about it last week. I noticed it to when I placed my order. 

I am questioning if there is a shortage of Blues Hog right now. All the local stores that sell it are out except for their honey mustard. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Saw another post a week or two about the increase.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    As above, saw a post about it last week.  That's a healthy percentage move to make in one shot.  
    Now they need to come up with a 4 bag box as 4 clears the $99 free shipping hurdle.  (Don't hold your breath.)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • THEBuckeye
    Yep, my order was 98.20 so I had to buy something else to hit the free shipping number. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• lousubcap
    Gordon Gekko, "Greed is good."
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Second increase in the last couple years also. Whatever the market may bear will be tested. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Funny, I found the price that will make me go brick&mortar.  Its $24.95 :)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Market convergence.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    DMW said:
    Market convergence.
    Yup, and now no benefit to storing 10 bags in my garage.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    @Ozzie_Isaac - you could be quite lazy like me and save the drive, load and unload deal and just continue to unload the big box.  And there may be some benefit in storage (no, I have not crunched the numbers) as the price will move up again at some point.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - you could be quite lazy like me and save the drive, load and unload deal and just continue to unload the big box.  And there may be some benefit in storage (no, I have not crunched the numbers) as the price will move up again at some point.  
    For most I expect it will be a non-issue.  My garage is slammed full so giving up the extra sq. ft is not worth it now.
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    My egg dealer just started carrying blues hog. I have not been disappointed with it. 
  • THEBuckeye
    Nothing has changed with us.  Just sayin'........
    And there you have it, folks. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    The price to ship a bag of charcoal is not cheap. People were buying several bags to qualify for 'free shipping'. Firecraft most likely had to increase the price since they eating the cost of shipping. The cost of free shipping is now incorporated into the price. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    @Killit_and_Grillit BBQSuperstore has Blues Hog available. I usually order from them. Half gallons  :)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Might as well go pick my own bags   :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    lousubcap said:
    Gordon Gekko, "Greed is good."
    Or shipping costs are bad
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Brown Santa takes a hit.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    on the blues hog, try these guys,  it's blues hog with some heat on the back end.  their mustard is killer, 9 out of 10 who try it in our store, take a jar home. thanks RRP for alerting forum to this one years ago.

http://stickypigbbq.com/

CGS was one of the early ones on rockwood.  We're still at the 21.95/bag, better on a 4 bag special.  sorry don't ship it.

t

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    YukonRon said:
    Brown Santa takes a hit.
    Not this Santa..My orders have always come Fed Ex. Amazon gives brown Santa almost more than he can handle.

XL BGE
    MD
  • lousubcap
    All firecraft orders are Fed Ex.  And our Fed Ex driver can't measure up to brown santa in my area.  
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited July 2017
    tjv said:
    on the blues hog, try these guys,  it's blues hog with some heat on the back end.  their mustard is killer, 9 out of 10 who try it in our store, take a jar home. thanks RRP for alerting forum to this one years ago.

http://stickypigbbq.com/

CGS was one of the early ones on rockwood.  We're still at the 21.95/bag, better on a 4 bag special.  sorry don't ship it.

t

I love the jalapeno version of StickyPig.  The habanero is too hot for me (more heat than taste), but the jalapeno is just right.......great on wings.

• Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Man, I was just about to order 6 bags. I'll wait and go see what is available locally.

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Anyone looking for Blues Hog Lump in the Lancaster, PA. area - you can find it at Meadowcreek BBQ in New Holland for $21.95/bag (17.5 lb) which  makes it the same as the new Firecraft price for Rockwood.  I bought 1 bag to try but haven't used it yet.  I tried to get them to carry Rockwood but they don't have the room at the moment.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • tjv said:
    on the blues hog, try these guys,  it's blues hog with some heat on the back end.  their mustard is killer, 9 out of 10 who try it in our store, take a jar home. thanks RRP for alerting forum to this one years ago
    So this just happened.  Might as well order a case. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Firecraft claims the opposite, FYI

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 2017
    johnnyp said:

Do tell.  I checked their website, but doesn't say anything.  Just 14% price increase.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited August 2017
    johnnyp said:

Do tell.  I checked their website, but doesn't say anything.  Just 14% price increase.
    Well, after speaking with a rep on the phone at firecraft, they said  that prices only increased because their costs increased. I'm aware that freight has recently gone up quite a bit in the North East. 

Since J said that their prices haven't changed, that must account for the Firecrafts increased costs 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA