Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FireCraft Rockwood Price Increase?

Options
13»

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    @stlcharcoal - don't get me started on Prop65.  My wife is in Regulatory for her company that is wood treatment / pressure treating business.  she was prior with pool and water treatment biz....  Prop65 is a pain in the a$$.  And the $$ are there for a reason - b/c it costs sooooo much to deal with them!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Tell her to take a pay cut. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• The_Canuck
    Options
    @stlcharcoal  - Can you hurry up and ship some more charcoal to FireCraft.   =) Its about a 2 week lead time currently for them to have some back in stock.  Add in a few days to turn around a ship it to me, it will be almost 3 weeks before I receive my order from the time I placed it.

Yes there are other online vendors other than FireCraft that could sell it to us, and while their prices might be a little cheaper, the shipping is what kills the deal.

Either that can you set up some agreement with a local distributor to sell it here in Louisville, KY.  The closest dealer to me is just over 51 miles away.  There are 2 Ace hardware stores, but both are out of the way (for me at least.). 

Or maybe I convert the third bay of my garage to a "warehouse" and I can be a distributor for you.  
    Large BGE - Thanks Knob Creek

Louisville, KY
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    @stlcharcoal  - Can you hurry up and ship some more charcoal to FireCraft.   =) Its about a 2 week lead time currently for them to have some back in stock.  Add in a few days to turn around a ship it to me, it will be almost 3 weeks before I receive my order from the time I placed it.

Yes there are other online vendors other than FireCraft that could sell it to us, and while their prices might be a little cheaper, the shipping is what kills the deal.

Either that can you set up some agreement with a local distributor to sell it here in Louisville, KY.  The closest dealer to me is just over 51 miles away.  There are 2 Ace hardware stores, but both are out of the way (for me at least.). 

Or maybe I convert the third bay of my garage to a "warehouse" and I can be a distributor for you.  
    I heard about the backorders......I offered to eat the shipping on this one to get those order fulfilled and everyone get their last orders in.  It's going to be a while until our site is up and running.  Sorry for the interruption.

I stopped through Louisville a few weeks ago on a day trip to Cincy.  I visited with Steepltons and Brownsboro Hardware, then a place in Sellersburg.  No takers yet.

Good luck on the garage thing.....wives do not like garages full of charcoal.  In fact, that's how this company started.  My wife told me to get the 4 pallets of charcoal I bought or my DeLorean out of the garage for her car.  So I put the charcoal on Craigslist and it sold really fast.  That was 10 yrs ago.  And yes, even with 3 warehouses (soon to be 5), I still have a bunch in the garage at any given time.

• The_Canuck
    Options
    Never understood why they get a house full of the knick nacks and decor that they like, but we want a couple pallets of charcoal in the garage and its the end of the world.   =)

Shocked Brownsboro Hardware didn't want to jump in on the action.  They are usually my go to place for egg related items.

My offer still stands for the garage - I mean if I can make some money on it, why not.
    Large BGE - Thanks Knob Creek

Louisville, KY
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Stopped by Firecraft yesterday, and they were at -136 bags when I reserved my 5 bags. They will hold them and I have to show up by next Tuesday to get what I reserved, otherwise they will let them go.  

@stlcharcoal
    The guy behind the counter also told me I will only be able to get Rockwood directly from Rockwood via online ordering. Based on what was said earlier in this chain, this is not true, but thought I would mention that is what they told me. Not sure if you want to act/react to this or not, but that is what I was told. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    @stlcharcoal and @The_Canuck - I too am surprised that Brownsboro hardware didn't see the correct light.  Maybe they are happy with the BGE brand and the off-brand "Cowboy" which they carry.  Can't imagine moving much of that but you never know.  Oh well, first world issues.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.