Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple pork chops

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
edited July 2017 in Pork
Well yesterday, my wife and daughter decided they wanted to have pork chops, so they went ahead and seasoned them up before I got home.  They used a mix of coffee chili rub (world market) and honey powder. One thing to note is that this world market brand rub was some of the best tasting stuff I've ever had. We couldn't believe how much flavor it had or how well it penetrated the meat. Another nice factor for this rub is there isn't salt in it so she could control that element as well.  So many of the rubs we buy are to salty for this cuts like a pork chop. Anyways, they used a little ponzu to wet the chops and help the rub stick.  Once they seasoned them up, they let them sit in the  refrigerator for about four hours.  Fired up my daughter's kj jr and got it up to 400, cooked them a little to long, as I got distracted(shocking).   All and all they turned out well, sorry about the pictures with the fork.    

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments