Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DRY AGING

Has anyone ever tried dry ageing their meat. I would like to know what type of vacuum sealer I would have to buy because mine is to advance. Here is the site that you get the equipment from.
www.UMAi.com

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Has anyone ever tried dry ageing their meat. I would like to know what type of vacuum sealer I would have to buy because mine is to advance. Here is the site that you get the equipment from.
    www.UMAi.com

full disclosure - I am the moderator on that forum and will gladly answer that and any other questions over there.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    Pretty sure you don't need any bags.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Plenty have. Try the search feature or grab a cocktail and wait for folks to chime in. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    You don't need to bag your meat. Or hide it behind pickle jars.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    RRP said:
     I am the moderator on that forum 
    Ron, I guess it's a good thing that you are not the moderator on this forum or I probably would have been banned a long time ago  =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Buy a big chunk of meat (bigger the better, like she says).  Put it on a drying rack.  Put it in the refrigerator.  Wait 4-6 weeks.  Eat.
    Buy a big chunk of meat (bigger the better, like she says).  Put it on a drying rack.  Put it in the refrigerator.  Wait 4-6 weeks.  Eat.
    It is this simple.  You want your temp below 40F.  Plenty of examples on the forum and lots of folks very experienced here.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent said:
    It is this simple.  You want your temp below 40F.  Plenty of examples on the forum and lots of folks very experienced here.
    That is all I did, simple
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr.