Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favourite chicken wing recipe?

Options
TheToast
TheToast Posts: 376
My go-to wing recipe is this:
http://thebbqbuddha.com/honey-sriracha-chicken-wings/

It's so good - sweet & spicy - that I've done it about 5 times and haven't tried a different method yet. I'm throwing a pizza party next weekend and will warm up with some wings - what's another sauce recipe you'd recommend that's different to the above (i.e. Not another hot and sweet one)? Thanks

Comments

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    @TheToast that looks great. I have been looking for a great wing recipe so I'm going to try this next time I cook. 
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    I've tried many recipes, some great and some not so great.  Experimenting is half the fun.  Tonight I'm trying some wings that marinated overnight in a habenero Peri Peri sauce.  I'm going to place them on the egg as wet as I can get them, and then liberally sprinkle them with a ranch seasoning mix, and cook them indirect at about 300.  I've never done it this way before, so I have no idea if they will suck or be great.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Google Ike's Fish Sauce Wings.  The ones at Pok Pok are fried, but I'll bet the sauce could easily be adapted for the egg.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• bigegger
    bigegger Posts: 87
    Options
    I haven't tried chicken wings in the BGE yet. 
    I really think nothing can beat seasoned egg wash and flour then fried in crisco or peanut oil chicken wings and dipped in either crystal sauce,Texas Pete or sriracha.
    Gotta try everything at least once right? :D
    LBGE with 76" Challenger Cooking Island
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    bigegger said:
    I haven't tried chicken wings in the BGE yet. 
    I really think nothing can beat seasoned egg wash and flour then fried in crisco or peanut oil chicken wings and dipped in either crystal sauce,Texas Pete or sriracha.
    Gotta try everything at least once right? :D
    Hey, you ain't never, ever gonna beat peanut oil fried chicken wings in a cast iron dutch oven.  I fully concede that point.  But cooking wings on the egg does allow one to experiment with all different types of marinades and rubs.  Sometimes, when it's really done right, I'm glad I fired up the egg.  But yes, sometimes I just have to put the peanut oil in the cast iron dutch oven and go with it.  I don't bread mine though.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I did wings recently and they were by far my favorite ones I've made on the egg.  I modified this post a little, but followed the basic premise.  I used a rub I received from @nissan97240 in the Sauce & Rub exchange...Wassi's Pork U.  I separated the whole wings into Flats and Drumettes then put on racks in the fridge overnight.  While egg was coming to temp 375 I seasoned then lightly dusted with flour and followed the 30 20 10.  I used Sweet Baby Ray's Wing Sauce and Frank's but SBR was our favorite.   
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1207029/wings#latest

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    Search necessary indulgence chipotle lime wings here
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    I am a big fan of the above honey sriracha sauce.  But to change it up here's another favorite (and appropriate on National Hot Dog Day as it uses mustard):

Sweet hot mustard wings

2 lbs chicken wings (separated and tips removed)

3 tablespoons Dijon mustard

2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard

3 tablespoons honey

2 teaspoons cider vinegar

salt and pepper to taste

1 tablespoon (or more) hot pepper sauce

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Lots of great wing recipes, depends wether crunch, sticky, heat or sweet is your choice. No question that (@cazzy) Cazzy'sWings gets the most "Man those are awesome" from our family and friends. 
    Have handed out the recipe so many times I must be in copyright infringement.
    They are a crowd pleaser. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    edited July 2017
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    This. Just got the mini max up to temp for its first cook. I'm doing these wings. They're awesome. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Hell, they are all good! 400 raised direct works for me. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Yep Chris has mad skills! He's part of our group http://biggreenbrotherhood.com/
    Real great guy. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    I'm real partial to Georgia Red Wings when I take the time. Here's a link to a prior post of mine.
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1203783/yup-another-50-hour-georgia-red-wing-meal/p1
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Lots of great recipes that I've tried, some better than others but I always make at least part of a batch with traditional Franks and butter, my family always insists.
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
    Wings covered in crushed pork rinds indirect @ 250 for 2 hours. 
    Edina, MN

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    last batch i made three. plowbirds rub only, cazzys, and franks and butter. was way better having an assortment, no complaints ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    I enjoy most until they get too hot. Oriental marinades and sauces are good for my palate. Jalamango sauce is very refreshing in the summer
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!