Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I had this waiting for me today when I got back in from work.
    Dalstrong, Shogun Series VG10, Japanese Super Steele, 7" Santorum Knife.
    My Beautiful Wife bought it for me.
    You can take what I know about the premium knife game, put it in a thimble, and still have room for the ocean. I got nothing going on.
    It seems pretty cool. I did some testing with it, I have never had anything in my kitchen this sharp.
    We will see how it holds up.
    I am feeling very lucky.
    Total envy!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Been relatively busy today...
    started closing in the carving room (so dust doesn't go everywhere with the power carvers)
    got the yard cut, made some arrows for my upcoming hunting trip

and robbed the fig tree.. Got these drying in preparation to make strawberry fig jelly tomorrow 

Those figs, some chèvre, and prosciutto = heaven! :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Botch said:
    Eoin said:
    Botch said:
    Kind've a sad day, I sold my first motorcycle, a 2007 Yamaha FZ-6, in faster blue.  Bought Her 10 years and 10 days ago.  

I wanted to do more touring, and can sit on my beemer for 8 hours/day, but arthritis and a 37" inseam gets pretty sore after only 90 minutes on the sportbike's limited legroom.  Don't really have the space to keep both (She's still a blast running up and down the canyons) so time to thin the herd.  

How do you get on with  the standard screen on the GS if you're tall? That was the first thing I changed on my GS because of the wind buffeting. Got some lower pegs too - would suit your inseam!
    I do have lowered pegs now.  I often take the screen completely off during the summer months; I guess the buffeting doesn't bother me too much (note, it doesn't hit +100º F in Britain ten days in a row or more like it does here!)  
    We never get 100F, 90F here is a super hot day, and having some airflow round the helmet does help when it's hot.  My beef with the standard GS screen was that it creates a rough turbulence, worse than no screen in terms of annoyance.  Given that a GS seems to cruise naturally at around 85 - 90 mph, no screen gets a bit wearing!  I ended up with a US aftermarket screen from Cee Baileys and it was a really good investment in terms of comfort. I really need to get another GS - the R90 doesn't get used as much as it should because I'm a bit precious about it (original paint etc.) so don't ride in the winter or bad weather. The GS was a proper workhorse any time of year.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Got a new standing desk for my office. Loving it so far.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Waiting for the tow truck to take, yet another car, totalled by our college bound son, away.
    3 wrecks all his fault, 4 of the 5 cars involved, totalled.
    The joys of children.
    I acknowledge, that I have been so advised, of the possible legal ramifications, of keeping our son locked in a cellar for 5 years.
    Thank you @DoubleEgger.
    Place money out the window gif here :punch:
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Botch said:
    Eoin said:
    Botch said:
    Kind've a sad day, I sold my first motorcycle, a 2007 Yamaha FZ-6, in faster blue.  Bought Her 10 years and 10 days ago.  

I wanted to do more touring, and can sit on my beemer for 8 hours/day, but arthritis and a 37" inseam gets pretty sore after only 90 minutes on the sportbike's limited legroom.  Don't really have the space to keep both (She's still a blast running up and down the canyons) so time to thin the herd.  

How do you get on with  the standard screen on the GS if you're tall? That was the first thing I changed on my GS because of the wind buffeting. Got some lower pegs too - would suit your inseam!
    I do have lowered pegs now.  I often take the screen completely off during the summer months; I guess the buffeting doesn't bother me too much (note, it doesn't hit +100º F in Britain ten days in a row or more like it does here!)  
    We never get 100F, 90F here is a super hot day, and having some airflow round the helmet does help when it's hot.  My beef with the standard GS screen was that it creates a rough turbulence, worse than no screen in terms of annoyance.  Given that a GS seems to cruise naturally at around 85 - 90 mph, no screen gets a bit wearing!  I ended up with a US aftermarket screen from Cee Baileys and it was a really good investment in terms of comfort. I really need to get another GS - the R90 doesn't get used as much as it should because I'm a bit precious about it (original paint etc.) so don't ride in the winter or bad weather. The GS was a proper workhorse any time of year.
    I bought a '98 GS that was rescued from sitting in a warehouse for 15 years.   Only has 3700 miles, a bit rare for this breed. 

Front master cylinder started leaking, fixed that and was bleeding the brakes and ruptured a brake line (good thing it decided to blow in the shop and not the road).  Replaced all lines with braided.

Tires were original and dry-rotted.  I have a tire machine at my shop so replaced those with Metzeler Tourance, which was stock I believe.

Changed all the fluids...but have a small leak (don't re-use crush washers!).  I need to fix that...haven't had the girl on the road in quite a while.

Worst luck I've had with that bike is when it fell over on SWMBO's X3.  That cost me $800 to repaint the side.  Bike was fine.

Options
    @YukonRon - you may have to unload some of the wine cellar to cover the insurance.  Hopefully no injuries.  
    I would suggest he take up walking  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited July 2017
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Waiting for the tow truck to take, yet another car, totalled by our college bound son, away.
    The joys of children.
    I acknowledge, that I have been so advised, of the possible legal ramifications, of keeping our son locked in a cellar for 5 years.
    Thank you @DoubleEgger.
    Assuming everyone involved is ok.  Maybe it's time for him to start riding a bicycle again. :pensive:
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The joys of children.
    Thank you @DoubleEgger.
    Ouch!  That sucks.  We had three kids, three accidents and just two junkers totalled.  Certainly not the pain you're feeling.  I can understand the desire to cellar him.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon - you may have to unload some of the wine cellar to cover the insurance.  Hopefully no injuries.  
    I would suggest he take up walking  ;)
    @lousubcap
    It has been discussed, deeply, with very strong emphasis on the word "Forever."

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The joys of children.
    Thank you @DoubleEgger.
    Got some brewing issues with my son right now.  Just love um and lock um up.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    edited July 2017
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The joys of children.
    Thank you @DoubleEgger.
    Assuming everyone involved is ok.  Maybe it's time for him to start riding a bicycle again. :pensive:

@saluki2007
    Everyone is fine, his pride is hurt as well as his bank account. I hate to see this happen.
    Tough love coming in boatloads for him, from me. Going forward, it will be his money to invest in an ATM, not me.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Totally exhausted pedaling to the peak of Col du Galibier.

Ok, just watching the pros pedaling to the top is still exhausting.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The joys of children.
    Thank you @DoubleEgger.
    I see a future of Uber and bicycles for him, at least until he gets a job where he can pay for all that destruction...that accident rate is unsustainable. 
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The joys of children.
    Thank you @DoubleEgger.
    sneakers are a form of transpo
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Botch said:
    Eoin said:
    Botch said:

I bought a '98 GS that was rescued from sitting in a warehouse for 15 years.   Only has 3700 miles, a bit rare for this breed. 

Front master cylinder started leaking, fixed that and was bleeding the brakes and ruptured a brake line (good thing it decided to blow in the shop and not the road).  Replaced all lines with braided.

Tires were original and dry-rotted.  I have a tire machine at my shop so replaced those with Metzeler Tourance, which was stock I believe.

Changed all the fluids...but have a small leak (don't re-use crush washers!).  I need to fix that...haven't had the girl on the road in quite a while.

Worst luck I've had with that bike is when it fell over on SWMBO's X3.  That cost me $800 to repaint the side.  Bike was fine.

All older GS models are collectable so you should do well with that if you sell it. The older versions are really built to last.
  • nhk19
    nhk19 Posts: 151
    Options
    Ribs are on for my girlfriend's father's bday dinner tonight.
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The joys of children.
    Thank you @DoubleEgger.
    I see a future of Uber and bicycles for him, at least until he gets a job where he can pay for all that destruction...that accident rate is unsustainable. 
    Your fortune telling skills are unmatched.
    Concur!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The joys of children.
    Thank you @DoubleEgger.
    Absolutely. 100% agreed.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    The joys of children.
    Thank you @DoubleEgger.
    Absolutely. 100% agreed.
    i hit the beginning of a double guard rail with a dodge dart back in college, airborn maybe 20 feet up, landed rolling down the exit ramp at 70 mph. found a truck with the same motor but blown, 400 bucks. switched the motor out a couple days later =) dad never said a thing, i think shock set in when he saw the car in the morning, i used an ax to cut the front fenders off to drive it home
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Coolest old pub in downtown Cork across the street from a Catholic Church. Best bathroom ever. Cheers. 

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Eoin
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Lunch in Kinsale on the south coast. Whole lobster and fish and chips. Excellent. This place is great!

You had lobster and fish & chips? That's going some.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    The joys of children.
    Thank you @DoubleEgger.
    Absolutely. 100% agreed.
    i hit the beginning of a double guard rail with a dodge dart back in college, airborn maybe 20 feet up, landed rolling down the exit ramp at 70 mph. found a truck with the same motor but blown, 400 bucks. switched the motor out a couple days later =) dad never said a thing, i think shock set in when he saw the car in the morning, i used an ax to cut the front fenders off to drive it home
    I have had my moments of DA  driving, do not get me wrong. But not totalling 4 cars and damaging 5 in less than 2 years......

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Bored at work, waiting on our house to be live on realtor.com. I swear I've checked it 100 times already. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Bored at work, waiting on our house to be live on realtor.com. I swear I've checked it 100 times already. 
    Patience brother....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Two compliments on the Chevy as we were broke down, one from a passer by and one from the tow guy.  Had to get swooped up by a Honda hero.  =)

Really nice dude stopped by to help troubleshoot.  He even offered a quart of oil he had for his S10 with 300K.  

It may be time to pull the plug on this motor.
    Out of my realm of tools, garage space, and know-how.
    Happy place was close to my shop, La Monarcha Supermercado.  Evan Williams will be consulted this evening.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    The ol airport reasturant meal. Yum
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    The ol airport reasturant meal. Yum
    The nachos are always safe in the airport.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Went to the gym tonight. Trying to lose a few lbs.  this hobby makes it a littler harder 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA