Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    7-11 hot dogs and nachos are the best!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Just killed three huge wasp nest, why in the hell do they make them at the highest point of the house? I had to get 14 feet in the air and use a 27ft rated spray and I still barely got them. Little bastards.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Page 666. Some devilry may be afoot...
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,546
    Gotta post on this page just as a reminder of my first (and likely last) tandem sky dive from 13K ft on 6/6/6.  Figured is was an all or nothing ride.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    Eoin said:  
    My beef with the standard GS screen was that it creates a rough turbulence, worse than no screen in terms of annoyance.  Given that a GS seems to cruise naturally at around 85 - 90 mph, no screen gets a bit wearing!  
    No place local that I could "cruise" at 85-90, maybe that's why I'm not experiencing (or just noticing) any significant turbulence.  
    Plan on vacationing soon in Coure d'Alene, northern tip of Idaho, and I may ride thru Montana to get there, where there is no official speed limit (unless that's changed and I've missed it).  Will have to try the higher velocities if I can!  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Currently watching NASCAR ruin my beloved dirt track racing. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Jeremiah said:
    Currently watching NASCAR ruin my beloved dirt track racing. 
    Fish cam?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    Just killed three huge wasp nest, why in the hell do they make them at the highest point of the house? I had to get 14 feet in the air and use a 27ft rated spray and I still barely got them. Little bastards.
    Hmm, if the nests were that far away from me, I'd let them be.  The wasps here build inside my truck driver's side mirror.  :anguished:  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• TN_Sister_State
    lousubcap said:
    Gotta post on this page just as a reminder of my first (and likely last) tandem sky dive from 13K ft on 6/6/6.  Figured is was an all or nothing ride.  
    I did mine in '98, it was awesome and a once in a lifetime thing for me. I did it, I lived, off the bucket list.
    Franklin, Tn

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    We are on page 666...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • TN_Sister_State
    Botch said:
    Hmm, if the nests were that far away from me, I'd let them be.  The wasps here build inside my truck driver's side mirror.  :anguished:  
    My wife and daughter insisted I eradicate the bastards and I agreed when I was confronted at the front door by no less than 9 wasp swarming me. 
    Franklin, Tn

• TN_Sister_State
    I'm just curious why this is a thing.... @Possumtrot any ideas?

Franklin, Tn

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Just finished my first ever attempt at canning.
    First "harvest" from my first house!
    Strawberry fig jelly (my old roommate shared his granny's recipe)

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Dinner at Greenes in Cork. Lamb two ways. Did not disappoint. 
    Happy page 666. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    @TN_Sister_State  If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.  It's an acquired taste - or so I've been told.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• Possumtrot
    edited July 2017
    @Eoin @Botch @nolaegghead  I gave up on BMW a long time ago when they went the "Space Beemer" route.  Had a 68 R69S, 76 R90S, and 84 R100CS together at one time - wish I still had them.  Went through several K100's and then had a couple of R100GS - My favorite was the 93 R100 GS/PD which I rode all over the country and up into Alberta and BC.  Loved that bike (my favorite bike of all time - so versatile) - rode the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands Natl Park near Moab twice in one week.  Took substantially less that one day each time.  4X4 vehicles take around 3 days for the 105 mile adventure.  The R100 GS was the last of the easily (if there is such a thing anymore) fixable of the GS series.  Had a R1100 GS then an Rii5o GS.  OK but heavire and not as easy to work on (fuel filter in tank, etc).  When the R1200 came out, I went in different direction.  Too hard to fix on side of road and too many pieces to break when falling down.  @The_Stache can confirm as he's known me for a long time  - We met when I sold him the R90S.
    Still appreciate what BMW did and does with the bikes, just not my type of riding anymore.  In fact at my age bones don't heal as quickly either.
    Glad to see some on here appreciate them  Great memories.

Just so I can stay on topic for this thread - jusr remembering my riding days.
    LBGE, Joe,Jr

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Image result for satan south park gif
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    @Eoin @Botch @nolaegghead  I gave up on BMW a long time ago when they went the "Space Beemer" route.  Had a 68 R69S, 76 R90S, and 84 R100CS together at one time - wish I still had them.  Went through several K100's and then had a couple of R100GS - My favorite was the 93 R100 GS/PD which I rode all over the country and up into Alberta and BC.  Loved that bike (my favouite bike of all time - so versatile) - rode the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands Natl Park near Moab twice in one week.  Took substantially less that one day each time.  4X4 vehicles take around 3 days for the 105 mile adventure.  The R100 GS was the last of the easily (if there is such a thing anymore) fixable of the GS series.  Had a R1100 GS then an Rii5o GS.  OK but heavire and not as easy to work on (fuel filter in tank, etc).  When the R1200 came out, I went in different direction.  Too hard to fix on side of road and too many pieces to break when falling down.  @The_Stache can confirm as he's known me for a long time  - We met when I sold him the R90S.
    Still appreciate what BMW did and does with the bikes, just not my type of riding anymore.  In face at my age bones don't heal as quickly either.
    Glad to see some on here appreciate them  Great memories.

Just so I can stay on topic for this thread - jusr remembering my riding days.
    @Possumtrot Your 90S was the same year as my R90/6, the guy I bought it from had a 90S as well.  I really like this bike, it also has some engine upgrades and an S fairing.  Does @The_Stache still have the 90S?  My GS was a 1200 oilhead, 2005. It was a great bike, but complicated, although I still did all of the maintenance myself.
  • Possumtrot
    edited July 2017
    @Eoin - Ill let Rick answer that question himself.  He's has some interesting bikes - in addition currently has three older cars for self flagellation (they're British).   :o
    LBGE, Joe,Jr

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited July 2017
    Heading to Mobile, AL. for Sectionals. Our team won the Georgia USTA tennis championship in the 18+ age group. If we win this tournament we head to Palm Springs for the Nationals. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    JRWhitee said:
    Heading to Mobile, AL. for Sectionals. Our team won the Georgia USTA tennis championship in the 18+ age group. If we win this tournament we head to Palm Springs for the Nationals. 
    Good luck Jim! Just you or you taking some or all of the crew?  You take the MM too for grub? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,723
    JRWhitee said:
    Good luck my friend 
  • JRWhitee
    Thanks @tarheelmatt and @DoubleEgger! No egging this weekend, I will be hitting the seafood restaurants though. Good luck to you today Michael...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    JRWhitee said:
    Amazing Jim. Kick arse and take names brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JRWhitee
    Thanks Brent, I will be doing that!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    @JRWhitee
    Good luck and hoping everyone stays safe and has fun
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,830
    Congrats @JRWhitee , enjoy!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,723
    Do not ever use a Zillow recommended lender. Total nightmare. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Do not ever use a Zillow recommended lender. Total nightmare. 
    Ouch. Sorry dude. Hope it works out.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky