Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- YETI Drink Tubs

I was a wine event in Southern California yeaterday and the Stumptown coffee people had 4 YETI drink Tubs. $200 a piece and I don't think that they do any more than a regular party tub. They were a pretty color though
Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Brason said:
     $200 a piece and I don't think that they do any more than a regular party tub. 
    It's a rich mans world my friend. Sadly some folks have more dollars than sense. Notice I used "sense" and not "cents".  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Used one for a 1/2 keg of apple cider and a regular tub for 1/2 keg of fat tire. No difference in the rate of ice melt, that I could see. Maybe a slight edge to the Yeti, but for the cost, and the minimal use, I can easily justify another or few more $3.00 bags of ice.
    Neither lasted too long, and we're both floating a couple hours in.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  •  
    Flint, Michigan
  • Rte1985
    Rte1985 Posts: 304
    Hope this doesn't turn into cooler wars again!  These days your spending the big bucks to just have the yeti name.  Too many more competitors out there with just as good products and smaller price tag.  200 bucks for a glorified bucket! That's a lot a beer/meat money
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    lol, and people buy this crap ... a cheap igloo cooler for drink works just perfectly.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    I have one, and it's awesome. Well worth the $$. 

Just kidding. I have one, given to me as a gift. It's heavy as hell, hard to store. It works well but No way would I buy it for myself!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Most yeti crap is for long term cold
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    henapple said:
    Most yeti crap is for long term cold
    I had one but it fell out of the back of my truck.  Thinking about a gofundme page to replace.