Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Show us your "egging place"

Comments

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    edited July 2017
    Eoin said:
    mvnole said:
    For those of you that have an egg under a porch cover, does anyone have any issues with the smoke on the ceiling?
    Nothing noticable, I was expecting some but it seems OK. The porch is open on 2 sides and not that wide, so plenty of airflow around the Egg.
    Same here for me and I pressure wash my patio 2 or 3 times a year so nothing bad. I also have two patio ceiling fans out there so that helps a lot.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Only a couple inches taller. I like the added height. With the wheels off the nest it's about 6-7 inches higher than usual. With a bad back, which didn't get any better after hauling all that stone, I like standing up straight to cook.  And at this height, my wife can't lift the lid, so no worries of her 'helping'. 
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    RRP said:
    We are impractical Midwesterners who spent money on a boat and lake house 17 years ago. Somehow we get more than two months use tops out of them each year. Photo is of the Akorn Jr. because today's lunch cook didn't necessiate using the Egg.

Cool! Obviously my generalized opinion p*ssed you off. I certainly didn't mean anything against a beautiful lake side property like yours! I am sincerely jealous!
    Congrats Ron, @rrp, you seem to be pretty adept at placing your foot in your mouth.  It doesn't seem like it was all that long ago that you got pissed at @sgh for talking about your $$$ then you send your judgemental, generalizing post here about the Midwesterners who may just be the nicest people on the planet.
    Just try keeping your mouth shut and double check your thread before you hit "Post Comment".

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Wow! Love the fireplace and everything else you did to make it your happy place. Even the eggs setup is amazing, as are the views of the landscape.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    @Theophan if you don't mind, what's the length on your table? I'm wanting to build a table for my two and I like the room/spacing you have there. 

Thanks! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,391
    I'm not ashamed. 

Image result for shopping cart grill
    Two level cooking too!
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Lots of really cool outdoor kitchens here. Just put the new mini max out. Not sure if this qualifies as a kitchen among this crowd, but here is "egg row". 

(Night pic with iPhone camera is pretty horrible without much light)

Wow, just wow - have you set-up an Egg stud farm?   Either that or it is the best suspect line-up I have ever seen.  Splendid work my friend. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    CPFC1905 said:
    Lots of really cool outdoor kitchens here. Just put the new mini max out. Not sure if this qualifies as a kitchen among this crowd, but here is "egg row". 

(Night pic with iPhone camera is pretty horrible without much light)

Wow, just wow - have you set-up an Egg stud farm?   Either that or it is the best suspect line-up I have ever seen.  Splendid work my friend. 
    CookingDude is a breeder 
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    I said this earlier, but people keep posting AMAZING setups in gorgeous settings, and I have to say it again: I'm in AWE!  Way cool!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    some of these outdoor kitchens are worth more than my house =)  definitely wired better as well

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    my eggs all sit in the mud, no stands, no tables

heres the view from the house

and the camp

most of my camp pics seem to be lost in the broken pbucket acct
    fukahwee maine

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700

@fishlessman if you put an egg in this picture, you could start a new handle as mild mannered reporter Cluck Kent:

Looks a bit like the man of steels vacation home at the north pole.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Kayak said:

@fishlessman if you put an egg in this picture, you could start a new handle as mild mannered reporter Cluck Kent:

His eggs are buried underneath that
  • fishlessman
    Kayak said:

that pressure ridge was about 4 miles plus minus long. all my good sunrise sunny pics seem to be lost, time to take more pics
    fukahwee maine

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602

Beautiful place, but I have to ask, what's that in your sink?!
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Legume said:

Beautiful place, but I have to ask, what's that in your sink?!
    Ha! That's my son's head in the frame. He's sitting at the bar watching cartoons. 
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker