Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Consequences of doing stupid things....

northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited July 2017 in Off Topic
Last evening I was cleaning out the gutters on my detached garage. When finished, I performed my clean up, putting away the ladder, trash bag etc.....It was extremely warm outside and the humidity was high. Sweat pouring down my head and into my eyes, I went inside to cool off and wipe down a bit.  A few minutes later there was a knock at the door which my wife answered, finding a frantic neighbor. You see I had left the back gate open and my two dogs had gotten out and chased down a neighbors cat. I had often wondered if they ever caught a cat or (fuzzy tailed rodent) what they would do with it, as I had always thought the chase was what they were in it for. Unfortunately, I found out the answer as they mauled the cat to death. 

In times like these an animal lover like myself, feels the sorry of the death of an animal. You then move towards kicking yourself because this could have been avoided had I closed the gate when finished with my work (dogs have access to backyard thru a dog door). I had another neighbor who discovered it all going down, and pulled the dogs off of the cat. His daughter experienced it and was the one who came an got us. Then we have the family who's cat was brutally killed. They have been close neighbors and the wife is a veterinarian.....so fully understands the instincts of dogs. That said, there is sorrow in their house hold...as they have lost a family member, a very sweet cat.

I am largely bummed today. This will pass and we will go on being neighbors. I may have to make some tough decisions about my dog(s)...and struggle with what the appropriate action will be. I look for no sympathy here from the forum, I simply needed to write this down as a way of venting my sorrow. We all deal with problems everyday....and we all experience sorrow and second guess our decisions. 

Better days are ahead.

Robin

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments