Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone else here who paints?

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Just recently started. Woodford, good cigar and painting is a great night. Mostly knife work. Can't get the pics to insert. 

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,758
    Options
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I would name that one Brisket Duo!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Glad to see you posting.  How the H...are you doing?  Hotch has it correct...Brisket
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Color_My_World_Green
    Options
    Very nice. I taught art for 25 years in school (all grade levels)....and have a decent portfolio. Don't do it as much as I would like. Looking forward to retirement painting. Hopefully my husband will take me places that inspire me one day.
    Living life to the fullest in Savannah Georgia
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Cool brother henapple!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    Awesome! I have an oil beginner set that I bought just haven't started messing with it yet
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    edited June 2017
    Options
    As someone who has zero artistic ability, I am amazed by people who can sketch, paint, play musical instruments etc. Bravo to you sir. 
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    Very nice.  My own efforts are not so creative.   

Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    Well done @henapple. I would call that "eat mor chkn"
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Work on it. Painting, music, etc really pay back well. For me, imagination is what needs following. Manual skill comes with practice, but thinking about shapes, colors, composition really helps light up the mind.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I did this one many years ago. I think I'll have to keel over before it's worth anything.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Cool!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    That's cool @henapple !  Here's some inspiration:

Maybe do some dogs around an egg cooking a pig?
    Flint, Michigan
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I can barely draw a stick figure. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Speaking of stick figures - do you plan to go to (OR EVEN EVER HAVE BEEN TO) the Tremont Turkey Festival this weekend? I'm having some dental implants on 6-8 so turkey is out, but the appeal of cold strawberry short cake and ice cream to cool my sore jaw appeals to me.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I first read the thread title as "Anybody else wear pants?" which really should exist. For the record - I do.  Although as little as possible in this heat. Somebody should paint that for above the mantel. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    RRP said:
    Speaking of stick figures - do you plan to go to (OR EVEN EVER HAVE BEEN TO) the Tremont Turkey Festival this weekend? I'm having some dental implants on 6-8 so turkey is out, but the appeal of cold strawberry short cake and ice cream to cool my sore jaw appeals to me.
    I have been and it like any other festivle around here. We are headed up to Chi for the blues fest so we will not be goingthis year. Its worth the trip over the river. They serve turkey wings which are excellent 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    I used to paint in highschool .. Real was focusing on nature scenes and wildlife etc. first half of highschool had a great teacher..she encouraged me to enter the highschool level of state duck stamp contest .. Won 2nd !

she retired end of my sophomore year and they hired some hippie that everything had to be abstract (not my style) and lost interest . 

I now now carve and paint my own duck decoys ( oils)

COOL! Very impressive work! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    Options
    Those are gorgeous!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Very nice Tony. How about past midnight fest with vantage point being down by the creek. 
    Paint from what you know. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited June 2017
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I did this one many years ago. I think I'll have to keel over before it's worth anything.  
    How's your hearing these days Vincent? Got any good potato recipes?
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Thanks guys ... As soon as I finish my house remodel going to complete my wood shop in my basement and start turning out large numbers of them 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    last week I painted liquid paper on a bee, and it died.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Uncle Apple, later to tonight when time allows I have a very interesting story to share about artists. Will post it here tonight. It's a pretty good one for sure. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    thetrim said:

Dayum... Nice work. 

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • thetrim
    Options
    @DuckDogDr. Those are real cool.  Any hooded mergansers out there?  I don't think they are very good eating and may not want to hunt them but they look real cool and we have several that visit the pond behind our house in the Spring. 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @thetrim thanks !  haven't carved any yet. I have a couple of patterns, but they have got some weird geometry with their heads. 

Just st now getting really proficient at getting mallards to look like mallards and woodies to look like woodies.  So going to stick with them awhile.

ive got a couple that nesf in my pond .. But you're right .. No good to eat 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Love the decoy work. Always been fond the looks of a pintail. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • thetrim
    Options
    @DuckDogDr.  I didn't take this picture but wanted to share my favorite duck w the group.  
    Hooded Merganser male (foreground) w/ one of his ladies. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95