Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: I Fell On Black Days (Chris Cornell, RIP)

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    4 greats gone from the grunge scene.  2 ODs, 1 Suicide, and 1 staged suicide (murder).
    Man, suicide.  Always a tough one to accept.
    I'm still in the unconvinced category too. There's plenty of evidence for a staged suicide...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    I always liked this one

https://youtu.be/VUb450Alpps
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    Jeremiah said:
    4 greats gone from the grunge scene.  2 ODs, 1 Suicide, and 1 staged suicide (murder).
    I'm still in the unconvinced category too. There's plenty of evidence for a staged suicide...
    While anything is possible, he was checked out by a medical examiner.  A murder seems highly unlikely to me.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    Still need to make time to watch "Soaked in Bleach"
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    The song, "Rooster"  is bad ass.  I met his Dad (The Rooster) at Lollapalooza back in '93. Great show. TOOL, Rage Against the Machine, Soundgarden, etc.....
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,171
    edited May 2017
    thetrim said:
    The song, "Rooster"  is bad ass.  I met his Dad (The Rooster) at Lollapalooza back in '93. Great show. TOOL, Rage Against the Machine, Soundgarden, etc.....
    Wasnt that jerry cantrell of alice in chains?
    I may be wrong, just asking
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    poster said:
    thetrim said:
    Rooster, for sure is an AIC song.  I'm not sure what Trim is talking about here, but I bet AIC was at that Lollapalooza.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    poster said:
    thetrim said:
    Rooster, for sure is an AIC song.  I'm not sure what Trim is talking about here, but I bet AIC was at that Lollapalooza.
    Can confirm. I was at 'palooza 93 in Atlanta and AIC was there. I don't remember much from that day and night but I remember that. Someone did reference Stanley earlier in the thread (who has passed), but Wikipedia confirms the song is about Cantrell's (guitarists) father. Cantrell wrote the song. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• thetrim
    sorry gents.  Guess I got my wires mixed up.  Still sorry this guy, whoever the F he is - is dead!     Soundgarden was at that lollapalooza weren't they?   
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    All these grunge era band sound the same anyway.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Un or under treated mental illness.  The blues (which is where grunge was birthed), those folks didn't grow up with a silver spoon.  They adopted it.  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2017
    YEMTrey said:
    thetrim said:
    All these grunge era band sound the same anyway.  
    If by same you mean they all kicked ass, then yes.  But they each had their own distinct sound that made me like some more than others.
    It's hard to believe that they broke on the scene almost 30 years ago!  Getting old sucks.
    Nirvana was the only "grunge" band I somewhat half-a$$ got into during that time.  I went off the deep end, and got caught in the The Downward Spiral,of an Opiate Undertow, a Far Beyond Driven Vulgar Display of Power, that was La Sexorcisto and Astrocreepy 2000.

Fear Factory's Demanufacture has been in the tape deck recently, Ozzmosis too.
    Korn's debut was Focking legendary.  Even Black and Load were bada$$ IMO.  Load got hated on so hard, like RO. lol

Don't let this take away from Chris though, dude was awesome.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Hate to be "Alt-Write", but "Staley", not "Stanley" (only grunge singer I liked, so forgive me).  
    Feel bad for Cornell's family.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2017
    Troubled and sad soul. Talent and wealth don't cure the wretched metal anguish. That's truly too bad. RIP 
    https://youtu.be/dwXBfbCfbro
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    bgebrent said:
    Suicide is nothing to celebrate.
    I agree suicde shoudn't be celebrated. No one should celebrate death. Remembering something good he did is fine. Mental illness is a mother******. 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Focker
    Respect.
    https://youtu.be/bhqMVNlPHE8
    Des Moines' Thunder Gods version
    https://youtu.be/mUoqaPODc3A

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Very luck to have seen him twice in the last 18 months.  Solo acoustic and once with Temple of the Dog!
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    @JohnInCarolina Good read. Thanks for posting.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • EvenFlow
    EvenFlow Posts: 21
    Saw Soundgarden in 93 and his acoustic tour in 2014, both great shows. I had front row seats for the solo tour and he came out and shook all our hands that were up front. He is already missed
    Mesa AZ 
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    The news of Chris' passing this week made me very sad.  So much talent.  How many of us have jammed out to Spoonman?  My husband and I had a (joking) agreement:  he was my freebie.  Susanna Hoffs was his.  This is still one of my favorites.  I am the Highway. 
     RIP Chris.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=725iONdAu9Q

• Focker
    edited May 2017
    Man, this Chris stuff of the 90s lead me back to Wisconsin Death Trip, and Static-X.  Didn't even know, he too, has passed, until now.  Rust in peace Wayne.
    https://youtu.be/4r9kiLhqv10
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,750
    bgebrent said:
    Suicide is nothing to celebrate.
    Agrred, taking your life or anyone else's should not be an option. I have been @ the " bottom" and had contemplations glad I came to my senses 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Focker said:
    Man, this Chris stuff of the 90s lead me back to Wisconsin Death Trip, and Static-X.  Didn't even know, he too, has passed, until now.  Rust in peace Wayne.
    No way! I had no idea that he'd pass. I'm going to have to bust out my old Wisconsin Death Trip CD. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    No way! I had no idea that he'd pass. I'm going to have to bust out my old Wisconsin Death Trip CD. 
    That fade to black of Wayne at the end in green, "So" sad.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    WeberWho said:
    Focker said:
    Top tier,
    https://youtu.be/DJ80ToCaDC4
    Back in the day, they called Billy Corgan "Little Wayne".  Crazy to think those guys played together in Chicago for a bit.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Bump. Because
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL