Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Schmeckt gut! 

Wiener schnitzel?
    Yes sir 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Here's JOHNNY!!!!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Green beans going on the egg now

Bacon makes everything better.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    @Focker I think I may have found you a new best friend over on the Brethren:

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - livin' large for sure.  Enjoy the cook and follow-on eats.
    BTW- homemade rub?  Color looks great in the early stages of meteorite creation.
    Have only had the SRF gold grade one time and it was definitely worth it.  Incredible eats await.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    There's a brisket under there somewhere 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - livin' large for sure.  Enjoy the cook and follow-on eats.
    BTW- homemade rub?  Color looks great in the early stages of meteorite creation.
    Have only had the SRF gold grade one time and it was definitely worth it.  Incredible eats await.  
    Yep, homemade rub.  Recipe is from chef steps:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Green beans going on the egg now

Damn. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Coming along...

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Costco prime that sat in the fridge for a month. About 4 hours in about to head to the pool.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Lit what's the cooking apparatus in use with the brisket?  Enjoy the pool, cook and follow-on eats.  I thought National Brisket Day was May 28th... ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Lit
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Lit what's the cooking apparatus in use with the brisket?  Enjoy the pool, cook and follow-on eats.  I thought National Brisket Day was May 28th... ;)
    It's a Backwoods Fatboy vertical. I got a SRF brisket in the freezer for next Sunday reminds me I gotta put it in the fridge.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    @Focker I think I may have found you a new best friend over on the Brethren:

No BS, that is impressive.  B)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Eoin
    edited May 2017
    Options
    We're having some grilled veg with cured meat, mozzarella and olive bread for our tea.

Then this is going on around 11 pm. The butcher had a whole shoulder in the cooler, so he removed the ribs and the leg and this is what is left after trimming. It's over the maximum on my 7 kg kitchen scales, so 16 lbs +.

• WeberWho
    Options
    I talked to a guy about purchasing a face cord of split wood for my offset. He has a mix of Oak, Cherry, Hickory, and Walnut. I asked how long it was seasoned and if it would be good for a smoker. He mentioned it was cut and split over a year ago. I was interested in buying a cord and he said, "Why don't I give you 25-30 sticks and see what you think of it." I asked him what he wanted for the smaller amount and he said nothing. The guy even offered to bring it over to my house. (40 minute drive one way) I told him absolutely not. I told him that my wife and I would come out his way. Especially if he wasn't going to charge us. So my wife and I made the trip out and picked up some sample wood. He gave us Cherry, Oak, and Walnut to try out. What I've read is that Walnut has to be used sparingly and with other fruit wood. Cherry will be nice. I'd probably see if I could trade out the walnut for hickory if I do end up buying a face cord. Super cool of the guy to give me some wood to test out. I didn't feel right about picking up free wood so I bought a six pack of Badger Hill IPA beer from the local brewery here in town. I figured that's the least I could do. The guy could have sold me a face cord of wood and been complete garbage. Cool of him to let me try it out.

We had to stop at the local creamery. They are known for there cheese curds. Nothing like fresh cheese.

Hopefully get the stick burner fired up tomorrow. Rain in the forecast all day today. Lame!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Lit
    Options
    This thing finished quick a 6 hour brisket.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Great moves on all fronts.  You have found a great source.  I get the equivalent of a face cord (rick) of cherry delivered for $100.  You will likely get under that price point.   Have fun with the SF-and no weather excuses.  You can only get so wet.
  • WeberWho
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Great moves on all fronts.  You have found a great source.  I get the equivalent of a face cord (rick) of cherry delivered for $100.  You will likely get under that price point.   Have fun with the SF-and no weather excuses.  You can only get so wet.
    I wish I could find cherry for $100 cord! It would be $120 and hopefully I can change out the Walnut for hickory. (Hickory is not native around here) I'm hoping to get the smoker out tomorrow. Only a 40% chance of rain for a couple hours tomorrow 

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited May 2017
    Options
    WeberWho said:

That much smoking wood would last the rest of my life; I only use a fistful of chips at a time.  
    Did you know walnut shavings are toxic to horses?  (totally OT, but...)

EDIT:  I just noticed you mentioned using it in a stick burner, my bad.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• WeberWho
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:

That much smoking wood would last the rest of my life; I only use a fistful of chips at a time.  
    Did you know walnut shavings are toxic to horses?  (totally OT, but...)

Also to hamsters I've read! ;) Pretty bitter smoke on its own

Minnesota
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Some good eats tonight!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnnyTarheel -  Is that a PBC right there with a few other racks just hanging around?  You've been holding out if so.  That's a great result-no burning on the lower end of the rack.  Enjoy the groceries.  
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Just put a 7.9 pound shoulder on for a long low and slow at 225. Hoping it's ready by 7am tomorrow.

Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• lousubcap
    Options
    No worries with hitting that target.  You may need to pull reveille around 2-3 AM for the FTC or to dial the temp.  Enjoy the cook and AM groceries.
  • Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Options
    Some good eats tonight!!
    Most definitely some good eats!!
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • Eoin
    Options
    XL had settled at 230, so the pork is on for the night.