Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Aarron Franlin to market stick burners for home use.

Options

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Some people just know how to print $$$

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Good for him, seems like a good guy.  I suspect this is a name licensing thing though.  After reading his book, according to him he has no time left, so it's doubtful he's actually being involved in a fabrication business.

Phoenix 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2017
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    He could sell his secret rub (S&P) in a shaker with his logo on it for a 150% profit and he would not be able to keep them in stock.  
    Yup. There's a sucker born every minute. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    blasting said:

Good for him, seems like a good guy.  I suspect this is a name licensing thing though.  After reading his book, according to him he has no time left, so it's doubtful he's actually being involved in a fabrication business.

Of course, he designs it and slaps his name on it and makes millions. 
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    I actually got to meet him in Dallas at a fundraiser for MS called Meat Fight. He was one of the sponsors and the big auction item was one of his pits with the serial number 2 and signed by him in high temp pen. It was really cool. Ended up going for somewhere close to 10 grand with some kick in from locals for free wood for a year and some started BBQ meet packs. 

Wish I had that kind of scratch.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'm putting my Eggs on craigslist right now!!!!!!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    A CharGriller with his name stamped on it...sweet.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Thanks for the link.  Interesting that the article uses XLBGE as the price point comparison.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Thanks for the link.  Interesting that the article uses XLBGE as the price point comparison.

He uses TWO XLBGE as his price point (roughly $2500)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Good for him.  Smart to strike while the iron is hot (pun intended).  Might be the a stick burner I we would purchase.  The Egg is great and will always be the "main cooker" but I do miss the stick burner every now and then.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Good for him.  Smart to strike while the iron is hot (pun intended).  Might be the a stick burner I we would purchase.  The Egg is great and will always be the "main cooker" but I do miss the stick burner every now and then.

I'll have one.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    You need your mouth washed out with soap. 
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options

I'll have one.
    I can vouch for the efficacy of the Dishwasher. It's in our long term plans as well. 
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker I saw that is was 2 XL's for the final ball-park number.   Still think that's an interesting comparison selection as I would guess not a lot of Franklin followers have any idea of the cost of one XLBGE and perhaps would be challenged with the math...  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    You need your mouth washed out with soap. 
    Guess I forgot the smiley face after my post! :smiley:
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    edited May 2017
    Options
    He is just following the successful BGE strategy, slap your name on it & people will pay more. Will be interesting to see how they compare to Jambo or Langs.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    beteez said:
    He is just following the successful BGE strategy, slap your name on it & people will pay more. Will be interesting to see how they compare to Jambo or Langs.
    He seems like the guy that wouldn't put his name on a piece of crap but who knows when the dollar signs are flashing. 
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    I agree that is why I wondered how his will stack up against 2 of the best regarded stick burners on the market. Will be interesting because Jambo & Lang allow you to custom order to your specs, if his comapny will allow this or just stock models. As a side note DL3 had Mr Lang custom make Ryder Cup models & gave to the team & support staff last year. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    beteez said:
    I agree that is why I wondered how his will stack up against 2 of the best regarded stick burners on the market. Will be interesting because Jambo & Lang allow you to custom order to your specs, if his comapny will allow this or just stock models. As a side note DL3 had Mr Lang custom make Ryder Cup models & gave to the team & support staff last year. 
    I doubt he'll be doing any custom work. That's not a scalable business. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    My wife is going to be so happy.  I just have to figure out how to break the news. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• gmbbs
    gmbbs Posts: 110
    Options
    Good for him. He seems like a damn fine human being, and has definitely  paid his dues at the helm of a stick burner. It's not like Cindy Crawford or Sophia Vergara putting their name in a line of furniture...