Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited May 2017
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @DoubleEgger, that's been on my list of a place I want to visit.  Now it tops the list.
    Let me know and we can cruise over there one day. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Botch said:
    I'm fondling my new toy:

The Man in the Brown Shorts™ dropped it off this afternoon.  Good sale right now, $200 off plus a $400 vertical grip/battery pack thrown in (Crutchfield also included a memory card and a meh camera bag).  
    I get about 8 years between computers, and am still on my first smartphone, but I figure after 10 years my old D-200 was due for a refresh.  This puppy shoots 10 fps, supposedly stunningly quick autofocus, incredible ISO range, 4K video @ 60 fps, beautiful viewfinder, 20.9 MP sensor.  My weekend starts now, looking forward to capturing a few photons over the next couple days.    
    Nice! Don't you have a Df also? I'm really thinking hard about the new 820 that will launch soon. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Wow, good memory Matthew.  Yes, I have a Df, it's a "full-frame" and I use it for slow, set-everything-myself photography (manual exposure, manual focus, on a tripod, cable release; landscapes, astro and macro).  Back in my film days I used an all-manual FM-2 for the "slow" stuff, and an F-4s for action/wildlife/faster film.

This D500 is a "DX frame", smaller, but my 500 f4 becomes a 750 f4, with all pixels firing.  It'll be my wildlife/action/walking-around body; plus, I got video now.  

The 820 promises to be a killer full-framer, too; keep us informed!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Teenagers are a$$holes. That is all. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I promise you it gets better.  In 10 years.  Maybe.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    About to be 1 less in this world. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Don't do it!  So hard to refrain.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    What you need is Maddie. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    What you need is Maddie. 
    Last thing I need Robin.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Grand children are God's reward for not killing your kids ... trust me, grand children are much more fun.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Getting my stuff together for a tailgate and Metallica concert with friends this afternoon/tonight!  Fired up like a little kid. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    What you need is Maddie. 
    I just retreated to the solace of my garage. Baseball and a thunderstorm. All is well. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    Getting ready to attend a seminar for work on "How to Deal with Millenials". True story... This should be entertaining. They're probably going to teach us how to change adult diapers and spoon feed. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Botch said:
    I'm fondling my new toy:

The Man in the Brown Shorts™ dropped it off this afternoon.  Good sale right now, $200 off plus a $400 vertical grip/battery pack thrown in (Crutchfield also included a memory card and a meh camera bag).  
    I get about 8 years between computers, and am still on my first smartphone, but I figure after 10 years my old D-200 was due for a refresh.  This puppy shoots 10 fps, supposedly stunningly quick autofocus, incredible ISO range, 4K video @ 60 fps, beautiful viewfinder, 20.9 MP sensor.  My weekend starts now, looking forward to capturing a few photons over the next couple days.    
    Nice! Don't you have a Df also? I'm really thinking hard about the new 820 that will launch soon. 
    If I still shot sports, I'd snag a D500. I have my D300 up for sale right now. I still use it in daytime sports. 

I'm eying the 820 mainly for video. My D600 does what I want with stills. 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @ColtsFan -  share some pearls of wisdom after your knowledge session.  As a parent of two millennials, one has got it all together and doing extremely well.  The other (almost 26 yrs old) is deep into the millennial branded life-style.  I keep hoping the great transformational moment of accepting responsibility is gonna happen soon but all indicators are that it won't.  The challenges...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Getting ready to attend a seminar for work on "How to Deal with Millenials". True story... This should be entertaining. They're probably going to teach us how to change adult diapers and spoon feed. 
    Please start a thread after 5pm highlighting what you learned today. I'll bring the Jiffy Pop. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I hear that seminar has a segment titled "Why Are Millenials the Way They Are - Blame Their Parents".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options

Regarding teenagers, I always heard they were the most likely age group of children to be abused. It's obvious why, as they seem to deserve it. :)

What often helps is to talk to someone else who knows your kid, and see if they seem like decent humans to them. If they can manage it with others, they'll probably be fine.

OR, you can find a nice example of a worse alternative. My 26yo is a guest of the county, has a heroin habit, and produced two children who will undoubtedly have 'issues'. I've got plenty of teen year stories.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @kayak he's really a good kid. Just pisses me off sometimes. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    life seemed to be better back in the day, i remember one dad grabbing the kid by the hair and booting his ass all around the yard, another kid down the street was literally shot in the back trying to get out of the house, up the street that poor kid was just abused on a nightly basis. =) and all those kids are ok now cept the one who got pancreatic cancer and shot himself. this quiet time stuff seems to be just as bad if not worse =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I finally made the trip over to Patek Meats. Amazing place. Walked out with bratwurst, hot Italian sausage, schnitzel, Krakow Kielbasa, Bohemian Smokies, Czech Salami and Smoked Beef Sausage, assorted mustards, and some of my favorite Goldbären gummies. 

Love Patak. The best part is it's cheap also. I always think I'm getting a lot then I check out and it's only like $50. Need to make a trip out there to stock up for summer.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Agree Lit. I was thinking that I don't need that new grinder after all. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    On a side note. The hooker on the corner is going on three days straight on the same corner. Business must be good. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• bgebrent
    Options
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Wish I was there.
    THE fest, of all fests.
    John is a top notch true southern gentleman.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I don't know what you're going to do without the petting zoo Brent. 
  • Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    Options
    Getting supplies in Hiawassee for tonight at the fest. Glad @The_Stache is paying. 
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    We had a "Generations - How to work together" mandatory meeting at work. For all generations preceding millennials was about 5 minutes and then 45 minutes on millennials. It was the most ridiculous thing ive done at work ever.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    We had a "Generations - How to work together" mandatory meeting at work. For all generations preceding millennials was about 5 minutes and then 45 minutes on millennials. It was the most ridiculous thing ive done at work ever.
    At a previous job a few years ago, I gave out service anniversary rewards. I read the instructions one day from the supplier and it spelled out how to make the presentations based on generation. Every generation except millennials talked about being a company asset, dedication to the cause etc. For millennials, I was supposed to talk about how great they are.