Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Food P0rn fail

Options
124»

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,435
    Options
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,090
    edited May 2017
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yesterday's backyard offering. 
    If you listen real close, you can hear the neighbor kids playing. =)

Spoiler alert, he flips the calzone for the purists....so view, and listen, at your own discretion.
    https://youtu.be/bB4Y22ArLDY

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So please tell me guys, with a heterosexual, married, white male being at the top of the top..... THE benchmark for life excellence...a white divorced male is not at the absolute bottom right?  Hoping there is some room around here between me, and a nonwhite, gay, divorced male cashier at Aldi.  ;)

What about biological kids vs no kids vs adopted kids?
    Does that factor in?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Focker said:
    So please tell me guys, with a heterosexual, married, white male being at the top of the top..... THE benchmark for life excellence...a white divorced male is not at the absolute bottom right?  Hoping there is some room around here between me, and a nonwhite, gay, divorced male cashier at Aldi.  ;)

Does that factor in?
    Give it a rest.
  • Focker
    Options
    Focker said:

Does that factor in?
    Give it a rest.
    Hey man, you guys brought it up, on several occasions.

I just want to find out what I need to do to fit in at Butt Blast, in my next life.   ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    Butt Blast 2017

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• JohnInCarolina
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Focker said:
    Butt Blast 2017

The Butt Blasts have been and will continue to be, open to anyone and everyone who wants to come, yes - even folks who post things like this.  Good day sir.
  • Focker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Focker said:
    Butt Blast 2017

The Butt Blasts have been and will continue to be, open to anyone and everyone who wants to come, yes - even folks who post things like this.  Good day sir.
    Hey, they're not my beliefs.
    Appreciate the invite.
    Good day to you as well sir.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    I can't stand peacocks!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    blasting said:

Everybody needs to knock off the nastiness.

If I want to see people being shity to one another, I'll go for a drive.  The increasing amount of threads that go this direction is going to ruin what makes this forum the best on the internet.

Or just turn on CNN
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    Bringing this thread back....as I am going to make some Carbonara in the near future. I was speaking with my brother who told me something that I had also read regarding the pasta in this dish. Fresh pasta ....will be good, but it doesn't hold up well to the stirring required to incorporate the eggs. The Italian rule for fresh pasta. Use it when the sauce base is butter or cream. But there are many exceptions. If this was mentioned above.....I apologize, as I did not go back and read the entire thread again.

I have purchased the ingredients......and will post here when i make it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Focker said:

Does that factor in?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Bringing this thread back....as I am going to make some Carbonara in the near future. I was speaking with my brother who told me something that I had also read regarding the pasta in this dish. Fresh pasta ....will be good, but it doesn't hold up well to the stirring required to incorporate the eggs. The Italian rule for fresh pasta. Use it when the sauce base is butter or cream. But there are many exceptions. If this was mentioned above.....I apologize, as I did not go back and read the entire thread again.

Robin, sometimes discretion matters brother.  A new thread would suffice.  Good to be back.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,230
    Options

Not mentioned above.  Thank you for the info!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If it is worth doing, it is worth failing.
    Options
    Yep.  A wise man once told me: it's not a party until someone breaks a rib.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yep.  A wise man once told me: it's not a party until someone breaks a rib.
    Truth.  Ok, so I drew the short straw and went last year, are you volunteering to make it a party?!
    Options

Traditionally, spaghetti is used.  Fresh spaghetti, or a thicker noodle like Almazan's would hold up just fine.  A thinner fettuccini or angel hair might be troublesome, but even that could be gently stirred or tossed.

The egg is cooked just enough to coat.  I'm sure pig fat is an Italian exception. 
    https://youtu.be/3AAdKl1UYZs
    Brandon
    Quad Cities