Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone - SIMPLE grease trap fix + Accessories

blasting
blasting Posts: 6,262
edited November 2015 in Off Topic
Lots of new Blackstone owners / interest.  I've got a hack for the grease trap challenge that costs about 6 dollars and takes 30 seconds.  If you look under your channel, there is a tack weld meant to keep the grease from running along the underside.  Problem is, it's too far to the left and sometimes the grease misses the grease cup.

In the pic below, you can see the factory "nubb" on the left.  All I did was form a little JB Weld (high heat) to change the drip point, and now it hits the cup.  That half inch makes all the difference in the world.

Lastly, I thought it may be of some use to other users to post a pic with my most common accessories.  If anyone else has other stuff, I'd love to see it.  I know cazzy has a butter roller and pancake dispenser he likes.

Phoenix 

Comments