Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Taking one for the team

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
Two years and nothing but Rockwood.  Stopped by RD today and figured I would give this lump a shot.  I liked the Native with the cool headress ...

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    This is an excellent three dimensional troll attempt.  Comes at you like a ninja.
    This is an excellent three dimensional troll attempt.  Comes at you like a ninja.
    Totally legit.  $12 for 40lbs.  Going to give it a whirl tomorrow.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    I'm sure it will smell marginally better than a plastic and tire dumpster fire.   Who knows, maybe this lump will give you a signature flavor.

Nothing wrong with mesquite lump.  Unless it's not fully carbonized and/or you manage to start a crappy fire with it. 
    No cotton thread to fool with.  I take that as a sign of QUALITY.
  • nolaegghead
    Seriously, what could the Mexican workers possibly do to the lump that is destined to the USA where the president called their immigrants rapists and criminals and wants the nation to pay to build a wall?  Not like they'd use it as black cat litter.  Nothing to worry about.  Should be fabulous.
    Ahhhhhh......... "Taking one for the team" had a much different meaning when I was a much younger man. More often than not, it involved either a very fat or very ugly woman. If your luck was really bad, she was both fat and ugly. The good ole days. I sure miss them. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    SGH said:
    Ahhhhhh......... "Taking one for the team" had a much different meaning when I was a much younger man. More often than not, it involved either a very fat or very ugly woman. If your luck was really bad, she was both fat and ugly. The good ole days. I sure miss them. 
    Sometimes you lucked out and they turned out to be a moped.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    Brother Ozzie, when I was a young brute, I bred some girls that was so fat that you could pull their panties down to the ground and their vagina would still be in them. That's fat brother.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    SGH said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    Brother Ozzie, when I was a young brute, I bred some girls that was so fat that you could pull their panties down to the ground and their vagina would still be in them. That's fat brother.  
    Sounds more mop than moped!
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Annnnd it's Friday.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I'm sure it will smell
    Are you talking about anus again?

Status- Standing by.

• I'm so confused again.

From lump to ???? in only 6 posts.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    There is some high potential with the direction of this thread even in the early hours of Friday.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Image result for take one for the team meme
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Is this your attempt to win the hearts and minds of the conservative right; in the manner to gain their support for NAFTA, slow the momentum on building the great  Mexican wall, and extend the olive branch to all immigrants?
    Then, my brother, light that foul smelling charcoal, and use the smoke to send a message, to everyone of you true inner liberal desires.
    If not, well, just don't use it for seafood or poultry. It stinks and leaves an acrid flavor.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • @Hntnhrd - I work with that girl you describe. 
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    SGH said:
    we called it "jumping the grenade"
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Are you going to try that in your egg?  I would first try that in a Weber grill first.  Could using that lamp be like using lighter fluid to light your egg?  You will never get the flavor out of it?  

I am not a fan of mesquite wood of any kind.  Good luck, I hope it is good.

I am not touching the other subject with a 10' pole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu4lAGp2PHc
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Loaded the XL up.  Has real nice earthy tone.  Almost like a nice Glenmorangie.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    I have used Lazzari Mesquite lump charcoal for a few years now. Probably used 15-20 bags so far. Very dense and heavy. A bit hard to light but burns clean. And lasts a long time. Average amount of ash. And does not impart any mesquite flavor to the cook.
    I get it at RD for $13-$14 per 40lbs bag.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ok, I am a lump snob, but I have to say this stuff isn't half bad.  Especially at $6/20 lbs.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    edited April 2017
    Seriously, what could the Mexican workers possibly do to the lump that is destined to the USA where the president called their immigrants rapists and criminals and wants the nation to pay to build a wall?  Not like they'd use it as black cat litter.  Nothing to worry about.  Should be fabulous.
    Post of the year-

Cary- still laughing, nice work.

Greensboro, NC