Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do you use your Blackstone Griddle?

124»

Comments

• @Miked125 no they are very easy. At the end of your cook just spray down with water and clean. I have 2 squeeze bottles. One with water and one with vegetable oil. Once I scrape with water I put on a light coat of oil and shut it down. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    @Miked125 no they are very easy. At the end of your cook just spray down with water and clean. I have 2 squeeze bottles. One with water and one with vegetable oil. Once I scrape with water I put on a light coat of oil and shut it down. 
    Perfect thanks!
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Hntnhrd said:
    How about cheese steaks with peppers and onions on a Haiwian Roll??
    Nice job sir!  Looks fantastic.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    @Aviator - that's some killer fried rice!
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Strong work - looks great.

Phoenix 
  • jdkeithbge
    jdkeithbge Posts: 310
    @Aviator - shrimp fried rice has become a new favorite around our house.  I don't know if mine has turned out looking as good as yours though!  IMO the snow peas really make it.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @Aviator - and that's how it's done. Looks delicious!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CodyA88
    CodyA88 Posts: 143
    @Aviator that fried rice looks fantastic!  Do you have a recipe you use to make that?
    LBGE, 28" Blackstone
    Georgia
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Have another, Blackened Tilapia on the BS.
    Did not think they would come out whole and not all broken up. Did fine no sticking.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Aviator
    Cody, no specific recipe, just graduated from U Tube.  =)

Chattanooga, TN.

• Yet another use. Warming maple sap so it's ready for the full boil on my propane burner. 

I'm a father, husband and a veteran and I love food. Cooking it, thinking about it and eating it.

Equipment: Large BGE with KickAsh basket and SmokeWare SS Chimney cap

28 inch Blackstone griddle

Kenmore Gasser storage unit/overflow cooker

Click here to read more about my cooking adventure!

New Berlin, WI

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    I'll tell you right now the BS is worth every penny for just grilled onions, peppers and shrooms!! We had Hamburger Steak with cheese and the grilled veggies above.... slap your mama good!!

Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    @Aviator those look fantastic. Mind sharing a recipe??
  • Aviator
    Hntnhrd, no specific recipe, but watched U tube vids, skewered chicken, no marination. On the BS and when chicken was halfway done, brushed it with yakitori sauce from the Asian store. Go easy on the sauce or it can become salty. 
    Very tasty and takes a few mins to cook.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    Reverse sear tri-tip roast.  The first step was smoking on the Big Green Egg using cherry wood at 250 degrees till internal temp of the roast hit 120 degrees.  Pulled from the BGE and rested 10 min while the Blackstone heated up to full temp.  Seared for about 3 1/2 min each side to get a nice crust.  No sliced pics unfortunately but the results were a perfect medium rare.  Total cook time was about 60 min
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    With the interest in blackstone and the new 22 out thought this needed to be bumped.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,944
    I use propane to heat up the metal top.  Then I throw on food I want to make really hot.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    I use propane to heat up the metal top.  Then I throw on food I want to make really hot.
    Propane!  Brilliant.  That'll save me ton on sterno.  Great tip.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,944
    bgebrent said:
    Propane!  Brilliant.  That'll save me ton on sterno.  Great tip.
    Every now and then a blind squirrel finds a watermelon.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • BGE and the Blackstone griddle is my setup. I even made a stainless cover for the griddle. Happy to entertain questions!