Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt Blast 2017 - April 22, 2017 - Save the Date

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    YukonRon said:
    Typically, there is a social get together for those staying at the camp ground. Both Friday evening and Saturday after the event.

Typically Ron? Would that require a larger sample than just last year? Might chart new territory this year....you just never know.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited March 2017
    YukonRon said:
    Typically, there is a social get together for those staying at the camp ground. Both Friday evening and Saturday after the event.

Typically Ron? Would that require a larger sample than just last year? Might chart new territory this year....you just never know.
    I still have room in the camper for Pattie, I will bring the tent for you Robin.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:

I still have room in the camper for Pattie, I will bring the tent for you Robin.
    Trust me.....Pattie is a hotel kind of lady. Given we want get in till late on Friday night.....I will refrain for expending my party stamina, and reserve for Saturday. I may go well into the evening...and may not require any sleeping options what so ever. Then again, I have been known to nap by the fire why others pen crap on my cloths, draw on my face, and mess with my hair. It's all good.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    YukonRon said:

Just speaking of other similar events, and the folks that participated in those. But, you are correct, last year being the first, some of the folks got together the evening before, and afterwards, the evening of. I am thinking it should be a good time, even if we happen upon uncharted paths.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:

Trust me.....Pattie is a hotel kind of lady. Given we want get in till late on Friday night.....I will refrain for expending my party stamina, and reserve for Saturday. I may go well into the evening...and may not require any sleeping options what so ever. Then again, I have been known to nap by the fire why others pen crap on my cloths, draw on my face, and mess with my hair. It's all good.
    I am bringing a pack of sharpies. Different colors, for those with any artistic capabilities.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:

Practicing my tea bagging skills now!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:

Your wife will be proud...
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:

Who are you practicing with?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • tarheelmatt
    JRWhitee said:
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:

You said you were free this week @JRWhitee. Don't be playing. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    This is going to be a lot of fun!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    I'm going to bring a 36 Blackstone along with a lbge, mbge, and a kj jr. We can do breakfast on Saturday/Sunday with Blackstone and have a couple extra cookers if someone wants to use them.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    piney said:
    I'm going to bring a 36 Blackstone along with a lbge, mbge, and a kj jr. We can do breakfast on Saturday/Sunday with Blackstone and have a couple extra cookers if someone wants to use them.
    Stoked brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • piney
    bgebrent said:
    piney said:
    Stoked brother!
    Brent, call me when you get time. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • northGAcock
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Just speaking of other similar events, and the folks that participated in those. But, you are correct, last year being the first, some of the folks got together the evening before, and afterwards, the evening of. I am thinking it should be a good time, even if we happen upon uncharted paths.
    Lol....just yanking your chain. All is fare game. Getting closer.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee said:
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:

You said you were free this week @JRWhitee. Don't be playing. 
    Be careful Matt. This doesnt leave my side.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and the new folks that will make this trip for their first NCBB. No quarter given, none taken. It will be awesome.
    Bring your favorite disposable red plastic Dixie cups folks!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and the new folks that will make this trip for their first NCBB. No quarter given, none taken. It will be awesome.
    Bring your favorite disposable red plastic Dixie cups folks!
    Slushy zone ahead!!  Yee ha.
  • bgebrent
    Where ya think this configuration came from?  BB on the horizon!
  • bgebrent
    25 days away.

• JohnInCarolina

• northGAcock

• bgebrent
    Bird feeder = squirrel bait station.  We could have some at bb!  Jk.
  • Jeffroe189
    Jeffroe189 Posts: 273
    I think we are staying in cabin 6. I will let you know if I am wrong.
    Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE, MiniMax, Blackstone
  • Jeffroe189
    Jeffroe189 Posts: 273
    My mistake we are in cabin 5. 
    Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE, MiniMax, Blackstone
  • JohnInCarolina
    That's good because @henapple is in 6, and trust me, you don't want to share a bunk with THAT guy.
  • piney
    That's good because @henapple is in 6, and trust me, you don't want to share a bunk with THAT guy.
    Glad @henapple is going to make it I have not seen him since Brisket Camp #1. I'll have PBR in stock!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • tarheelmatt
    Spreadsheet for whos coming, what you're bringing, and what you're cooking is given below.  Please fill out the sheet if you're planning to come.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tpeb3R7yjDBfbXu9wf6E9PFp-1LNDHOzfq7LkFgqXlw/edit?usp=sharing

@bgebrent @northGAcock @JohnInCarolina @DoubleEgger @theyolksonyou @piney @johnmitchell @DMW @henapple
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JRWhitee
    Spreadsheet for whos coming, what you're bringing, and what you're cooking is given below.  Please fill out the sheet if you're planning to come.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tpeb3R7yjDBfbXu9wf6E9PFp-1LNDHOzfq7LkFgqXlw/edit?usp=sharing

@bgebrent @northGAcock @JohnInCarolina @DoubleEgger @theyolksonyou @piney @johnmitchell @DMW @henapple
    I am coming but cannot access the spreadsheet

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bgebrent
    JRWhitee said:

I am coming but cannot access the spreadsheet
    Jim, Matts a UNC grad.  Did you think he'd make this simple?  I've asked him to message the private group of organizers and cooks.  Hopefully it won't require @JohninCarolina's assistance.  That would really be embarrassing.