Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt Blast 2017 - April 22, 2017 - Save the Date

Options

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited March 2017
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Spreadsheet for whos coming, what you're bringing, and what you're cooking is given below.  Please fill out the sheet if you're planning to come.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tpeb3R7yjDBfbXu9wf6E9PFp-1LNDHOzfq7LkFgqXlw/edit?usp=sharing

@bgebrent @northGAcock @JohnInCarolina @DoubleEgger @theyolksonyou @piney @johnmitchell @DMW @henapple
    I am coming but cannot access the spreadsheet
    Jim, Matts a UNC grad.  Did you think he'd make this simple?  I've asked him to message the private group of organizers and cooks.  Hopefully it won't require @JohninCarolina's assistance.  That would really be embarrassing.
    If he didn't want me to bring Mini Max and food to cook he could have just said so.....lol

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Matt's gone rogue!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    T shirt guy is stepping up his IT game. Totally digging his game.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    You sir have been blessed and busy. I will try to schedule the trip, would enjoy seeing you again.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    Spreadsheet for whos coming, what you're bringing, and what you're cooking is given below.  Please fill out the sheet if you're planning to come.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tpeb3R7yjDBfbXu9wf6E9PFp-1LNDHOzfq7LkFgqXlw/edit?usp=sharing

@bgebrent @northGAcock @JohnInCarolina @DoubleEgger @theyolksonyou @piney @johnmitchell @DMW @henapple
    I am coming but cannot access the spreadsheet
    Jim, Matts a UNC grad.  Did you think he'd make this simple?  I've asked him to message the private group of organizers and cooks.  Hopefully it won't require @JohninCarolina's assistance.  That would really be embarrassing.
    This is the same spreadsheet from last year that was filled out by most.

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Matt's gone rogue!
    Lol.. no sir. Few folks have asked about a sign up sheet. Had some timeas night when I was going through some stuff in my head and file folders in Google Docs and thought I'd get that out of the way. Guess not though. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    It works for me.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Matt's gone rogue!
    Lol.. no sir. Few folks have asked about a sign up sheet. Had some timeas night when I was going through some stuff in my head and file folders in Google Docs and thought I'd get that out of the way. Guess not though. 
    I'm just giving you the business buddy!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• JRWhitee
    Options
    Planned on bringing a bunch of ABT's, wings other stuff that fits on my Mini max. I could bring a brisket but would need a large to cook it on Friday night.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

Since nobody in this group knows or recognizes me I may show up in a cop uniform and confiscate all the beer and bourbon slushies and have me a helluva weekend! 

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JRWhitee
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

Since nobody in this group knows or recognizes me I may show up in a cop uniform and confiscate all the beer and bourbon slushies and have me a helluva weekend! 

Don't underestimate some of us (me) that doesn't mind getting arrested...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

If I see a cop, I'm just going to start talking about how DJ has no chance at the Masters. You won't be able to contain yourself. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

No big deal Trey....we had the po po show up last year. Brent sent his wife (like everything else he does) to be the face of the group. Be prepared for your encounter with Nichole. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Next thing you know, we will probably need stinkin badges. 

• DMW
    Options
    Next thing you know, we will probably need stinkin badges. 
    Or T-Shirts...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Would be nice if we could turn out a brisket or 2.  Without Scott's rig would require someone's L overnight.  That would be fun.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Would be nice if we could turn out a brisket or 2.  Without Scott's rig would require someone's L overnight.  That would be fun.
    I agree, I will bring one if there is someplace to cook it.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    bgebrent said:
    I agree, I will bring one if there is someplace to cook it.
    Look, if you guys don't have a big one, well never-mind. 

• YEMTrey
    Options

Well, the wife and daughter are staying home during BB due to daughter having a soccer game.  So if I’m coming, I’m coming solo.  I was hoping that she would come to help “regulate” me. 

I was looking at hotels.  There’s a comfort suites near there and a Hampton back another exit.  Does anyone have experience with either?  Also, for those of us that are staying off site, do they close the gates to the park at a certain time eliminating us from staying later?

I plan on bringing my Mini Max and some food/snacks to cook as well if I come.  I’ll try to bring local food as much as possible, ie. Goetta, Grippo’s, etc. If anybody has any requests let me know. I’ll have an RTIC full of craft beer in tow as well.   

Friday on my way down I plan on stopping in Asheville for lunch and beers, if anybody else has the same timing schedule let me know and we can meet up.  

Steve 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

Well, the wife and daughter are staying home during BB due to daughter having a soccer game.  So if I’m coming, I’m coming solo.  I was hoping that she would come to help “regulate” me. 

I was looking at hotels.  There’s a comfort suites near there and a Hampton back another exit.  Does anyone have experience with either?  Also, for those of us that are staying off site, do they close the gates to the park at a certain time eliminating us from staying later?

I plan on bringing my Mini Max and some food/snacks to cook as well if I come.  I’ll try to bring local food as much as possible, ie. Goetta, Grippo’s, etc. If anybody has any requests let me know. I’ll have an RTIC full of craft beer in tow as well.   

Friday on my way down I plan on stopping in Asheville for lunch and beers, if anybody else has the same timing schedule let me know and we can meet up.  

You better show up!  No knowledge on the hotels but I could show you round the petting zoo.  Asheville thread below brother.  Look forward to it.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

I want to say they close the gates past 8pm, but there is maybe a combination that they give folks staying in the park to let them get in and out. 

We'll just give you the combo.  Maybe.  ;)
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Give him the combo? Somebody better keep inventory of the petting zoo.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Oh, don't y'all worry. The wife already signed off on me coming on my own. I'm your alls problem that weekend. 
    Steve 

• DMW
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Oh, don't y'all worry. The wife already signed off on me coming on my own. I'm your alls problem that weekend. 
    It's the only way to roll...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I have been going to Dan Nicholes Park since I was a kid, and I don't think it's ever rocked like it will in April!  I have a downstairs kinda apartment with a bed and shower for Friday night 15 mins from the park I would trade for craft beer. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just a heads-up that after this weekend Matt, Gary, and I should have a plan rolled out to coordinate cooks, the zoo petting schedule, Brent's meat helmet workshop, etc.  Stay tuned!  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ...an "evil" petting zoo?
    Options
    Found out I need to travel to Minneapolis that week for work, but I'm going to try to schedule my return flight to make this.