Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help a Fella out!

I know I don't contribute here at all but I do enjoy lurking and learning! :-)

this is is my new set up and I wanted to ask, what would you put on the wall between the hood and door? 

Haven't really stumbled up on anything I like so I thought I would ask and get ideas from others. 

If if it was you, what would you do? 

Thanks for any ideas that you could pass along! 
Brandon, MS

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Between the hood and the door you ask.. how about another komado?  Short of that, how about a tv or some antique tin art.

I like your set up.  
    Phoenix 
  • UncleBilly
    UncleBilly Posts: 225
    edited March 2017
     Beautiful set-up!  My first thought would be to use a similar tile material and layout design that you have used for the flooring and simply carry that same theme to the wall.  But I don't know if the smoke rising from the chimney is going to stain the wall or whatever you cover the wall with.  If smoke/soot is going to be an issue obviously you want something easy to clean and maybe that is I a darker color to hide the stains better.  
    XL  Central Ohio
  • I would use $100 bills. You seem to have no shortage of those :). I kid. great setup!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Sweet set-up.  I wouldn't worry/rush to the solution.  Over time you will be inspired and see the light.  Enjoy that environment and trust the "Force."

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    Knife bar with assorted toys?  

Blackstone pizza oven? 
  • loveTheEgg
    loveTheEgg Posts: 573
    blasting said:

Between the hood and the door you ask.. how about another komado?  Short of that, how about a tv or some antique tin art.

I like your set up.  
    Thank you! The TV and a piece of wall art is further to the right. As far as the Komado, this one should do me! ;-)
    Brandon, MS
  • loveTheEgg
     Beautiful set-up!  My first thought would be to use a similar tile material and layout design that you have used for the flooring and simply carry that same theme to the wall.  But I don't know if the smoke rising from the chimney is going to stain the wall or whatever you cover the wall with.  If smoke/soot is going to be an issue obviously you want something easy to clean and maybe that is I a darker color to hide the stains better.  
    Thank you! Yessir, if the smoke becomes a problem I will more than likely tile the back directly behind the grill to match the grill to some sort to help clean better. 

Just looking for something to go to the right of the grill to make it pop! 
    Brandon, MS
  • loveTheEgg
    I would use $100 bills. You seem to have no shortage of those :). I kid. great setup!
    LOL! I short now!  :)
    Brandon, MS
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited March 2017
    I like my BBQ tools to be hanging, not in a drawer. A half moon wall mounted rack at a comfortable height is a great spot to hang stuff. I even hang my Maverick, keeps the probe wires from tying themselves into knots. 
    Nice set-up, like the hood. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    edited March 2017
    How 'bout a big spice rack full of Dizzy Pig bottles?  (I'm looking at doing that myself right now)  

Sweet setup!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• loveTheEgg
    I like my BBQ tools to be hanging, not in a drawer. A half moon wall mounted rack at a comfortable height is a great spot to hang stuff. I even hang my Maverick, keeps the probe wires from tying themselves into knots. 
    Nice set-up, like the hood. 

Great idea! Will consider that. Yeah, the hood is a monster! Ha! 

I was was thinking more of a piece of art work. Just need to find the right thing. 
    Brandon, MS
  • Botch
    A brass pig would look cool on that wall, too.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• loveTheEgg
    Botch said:
    A brass pig would look cool on that wall, too.  
    Now we're talking!! Good one 
    Brandon, MS
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited March 2017
    Nice space. Some things to consider...

Do you want art? Bookshelves (with small sculptures maybe, or cookbooks? Cooking stuff? I guess it can't be anything that would rust or mildew since humidity might be an issue in MS. =)

Would you feel comfortable hanging expensive stuff? Depends on the neighborhood. I know I would, but others on here, not so much.

Would love to have a wall like this (Houston Chef Robert Del Grande's home kitchen)... but each one of those pans is worth $hundreds. I wouldn't leave those unsecured, even here!

By the way note the vent hood HE has!! I've owned CARS smaller than that!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

I got it!  Put an aquarium behind the wall and have a girl dressed in a mermaid outfit swimming while you grill.  Damn, sharing an idea this good better get me an invite!

Phoenix 
  • Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Would you like a picture of me. Kidding of course.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • loveTheEgg
    Is that a canvas artwork? 
    Brandon, MS
  • Think that was @cazzy 's work. 

Little Rock, AR

• loveTheEgg
    Nice space. Some things to consider...

Do you want art? Bookshelves (with small sculptures maybe, or cookbooks? Cooking stuff? I guess it can't be anything that would rust or mildew since humidity might be an issue in MS. =)

Would you feel comfortable hanging expensive stuff? Depends on the neighborhood. I know I would, but others on here, not so much.

Would love to have a wall like this (Houston Chef Robert Del Grande's home kitchen)... but each one of those pans is worth $hundreds. I wouldn't leave those unsecured, even here!

By the way note the vent hood HE has!! I've owned CARS smaller than that!!
    Thank you! Yes, things that rust would be an issue due to humidity and that there is a salt water pool connected to this outdoor living area

Im thinking art work and most definitely not worried with it being taken. Here is the piece that will go on the wall to the right of the door. (It's just being stored here in the pool bath till I have one of the screens moved) 
    Brandon, MS
  • loveTheEgg
    blasting said:

I got it!  Put an aquarium behind the wall and have a girl dressed in a mermaid outfit swimming while you grill.  Damn, sharing an idea this good better get me an invite!

Cool idea especially since there is a pool out there :-) invite extended for the idea! 
    Brandon, MS
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited March 2017
    Think that was @cazzy 's work. 

Still trying to figure out why the pic was posted on the thread, but here is a better pic of it.    :)

***Oh, I see why you posted it now.  Reading the original post helps out.  Lol

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Botch
    If I put my ear up to those shells will I hear the ocean?  

• cazzy said:

Still trying to figure out why the pic was posted on the thread, but here is a better pic of it.    :)

Thats just a great picture. Sorry to post it without permission. 

Little Rock, AR

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    cazzy said:

Lol you're fine.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy said:
    cazzy said:

Lol you're fine.  
    But if I knew how to do it I would have put "photo by raichlen" on it. 

Little Rock, AR

• Suggested donation list. Every time some asks you to cook something they must be willing to make the proper donation. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Related image

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    Get a custom sign made that says "Love The Egg BBQ, Inc" +/- some BBQ saying/motto on it. Or whatever. You could even use your real name. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• flatwounds
    flatwounds Posts: 129
    How about something like this?
    LBGE
    Nashville, TN.