Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Jay Cutler...you're fired!!!

Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited March 2017 in Off Topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usxCkSJZsms
I might actually watch the Bears again, now that Crybaby Cutler is gone.
8 years of Cleveland Brownsesque misery.
Thought bringing him on was a douche move 8 years ago, and even more so today.
Virginia should've been evaluated after handing him a 100 million dollar check. 

The epic Young, Ray Ray, Dilfer rant after Monday night against the Saints spoke volumes. 

I could throw a Crybaby Cutler got fired party I'm so happy. 
So long....sucker.
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• An ex teammate said that one day in the locker room John Lynch was trying to explain defenses to him. Cutler was looking at his phone the entire time. Lynch ripped the phone out of his hand, threw it against the wall and asked him "do I have your attention now?" 
  • Focker
    An ex teammate said that one day in the locker room John Lynch was trying to explain defenses to him. Cutler was looking at his phone the entire time. Lynch ripped the phone out of his hand, threw it against the wall and asked him "do I have your attention now?" 
    Sadly, I'm sure there are many more stories in line with that.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I agree!!! He very quickly proved what a loser he was, but it took them 8 years to figure it out! My head about broke off at the neck shaking so hard when they gave him that huge contract 3 years ago! da bears ownership has sh*t for brains sometimes like keeping him around and letting so many other good players go like Julius Peppers, Brandon Marshall and many others!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Focker
    edited March 2017
    RRP said:
    I agree!!! He very quickly proved what a loser he was, but it took them 8 years to figure it out! My head about broke off at the neck shaking so hard when they gave him that huge contract 3 years ago! da bears ownership has sh*t for brains sometimes like keeping him around and letting so many other good players go like Julius Peppers, Brandon Marshall and many others!
    Yeah, Greg Olsen hurt.
    Virginia needs to step down, let Theo run it in the Cubs' offseason.  ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    XC242 said:
    I heard Green Bay might pick him up as a backup since he's been so good over the past 8 years throwing the ball to the Packers players...
    I felt the same way about Favre in his last few years. I hated to see Rodgers take over. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited March 2017
    He should just go home to his hot wife and huge bank account and live happily ever after. 
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    My cousin used to work in Denver as a news anchor before moving to Tennesse.  At a family party years back, he mentioned a Christmas party at Cutler's house when he was QB there.  Said he's a total **** and an arrogant prick, you can still see it in his attitude to this day more than a decade later.  One would have thought he'd grow out of that... Good riddance.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    I heard this is part of a total offensive overhaul that even includes renaming some of the positions. For example, the fast guys who line up out wide will no longer be called "interception chaser downer guys".

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DoubleEgger
    I know you guys are glad to see Cutler go but Mike Glennon?? C'mon man! 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    He should just go home to his hot wife and huge bank account and live happily ever after. 
    She's into malakas Dino. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • RRP
    Foghorn said:
    I heard this is part of a total offensive overhaul that even includes renaming some of the positions. For example, the fast guys who line up out wide will no longer be called "interception chaser downer guys".
    LMAO! 
  • DoubleEgger
    She's into malakas Dino. 
    Tip of the hat for that gem you pulled out of the vault. 
  • I know you guys are glad to see Cutler go but Mike Glennon?? C'mon man! 
    I hear ya, but if you're going to pay a guy that sucks, pay him very little.
  • RRP

XC242 said:
    I heard Green Bay might pick him up as a backup since he's been so good over the past 8 years throwing the ball to the Packers players...
    I felt the same way about Favre in his last few years. I hated to see Rodgers take over. 
    Really, Pete? I loved the Ditka era and all the colorful players of that time. But then as that ended and the death spiral that followed afterward ending with Cutler on board I became a Packers fan in hiding here in IL. Guess I had a different take on Favre as a late comer and then became a rabid fan of Rodgers. I mean rooting for Cutler over Rodgers?  =)
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    I told a friend and coworker back when they have him the big contract that the Bears were making a mistake.   He said no he is a good QB.  I said no I had watched him play for Denver for a few years and he was not going to work out. Hopefully the Bears can turn it around now.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • pgprescott
    edited March 2017
    RRP said:

XC242 said:
    Really, Pete? I loved the Ditka era and all the colorful players of that time. But then as that ended and the death spiral that followed afterward ending with Cutler on board I became a Packers fan in hiding here in IL. Guess I had a different take on Favre as a late comer and then became a rabid fan of Rodgers. I mean rooting for Cutler over Rodgers?  =)
    All I said is favre threw the ball to bears players frequently in his twilight. It's true. 

Ron, I never became a Cardinal fan just because my team stunk for decades. I advise you to keep that horrendous detail to yourself. Lol  =)
  • Focker
    RRP said:

XC242 said:
    All I said is favre threw the ball to bears players frequently in his twilight. It's true. 

Ron, I never became a Cardinal fan just because my team stunk for decades. I advise you to keep that horrendous detail to yourself. Lol
    Never too late Pete, Cardinal Nation would welcome you with open arms.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• pgprescott
    Focker said:
    RRP said:

XC242 said:

Ron, I never became a Cardinal fan just because my team stunk for decades. I advise you to keep that horrendous detail to yourself. Lol
    Never too late Pete, Cardinal Nation would welcome you with open arms.  =)
    Brandon you are an admirable guy that has impeccable taste. Somehow all that escaped you in your pick of baseball teams.  =)
  • pgprescott
    RRP said:

XC242 said:
    I will admit that I would much rather go to Lambeau Field than Soldier Field any day. Night and day difference in the overall experience. 
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Seriously I'm not making this up, but an interesting tidbit is that Jay Cutler owns a green egg.  On my commute home I heard him on a sports radio show and as he was talking about some of the things he does outside of football, he mentioned the green egg.  
  • DoubleEgger
    edited March 2017
    odie91 said:
    Seriously I'm not making this up, but an interesting tidbit is that Jay Cutler owns a green egg.  On my commute home I heard him on a sports radio show and as he was talking about some of the things he does outside of football, he mentioned the green egg.  
    Matt Stafford one upped him. He bought his linemen Eggs for Christmas one year. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/14128/matthew-stafford-buys-his-linemen-and-quarterbacks-big-green-eggs
  • Just heard that the Bears signed Glennon for 3 years for 43 million. Out of the frying pan into the fire. Apologies to DoubleEgger.
  • RRP
    odie91 said:
    Matt Stafford one upped him. He bought his linemen Eggs for Christmas one year. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/14128/matthew-stafford-buys-his-linemen-and-quarterbacks-big-green-eggs
    That is so cool! Years ago on the other forum there was a regular there who owned a large nation wide wine distributor-ship. For several years he gave large eggs as both sales incentives and as thank you gifts. 
  • I told a friend and coworker back when they have him the big contract that the Bears were making a mistake.   He said no he is a good QB.  I said no I had watched him play for Denver for a few years and he was not going to work out. Hopefully the Bears can turn it around now.
    My daughter is a football fan.  When Cutler signed, I remember saying to her that the Lions could continue their bone head antics  and will still beat da Bears.
    Flint, Michigan
  • RRP
    odie91 said:
    As much as I detest Cutler as a Bear I have always admired his program helping children with diabetes as he too was a childhood victim so he knew. Now what made him grow into such an arrogant sumb*tch as an adult is another issue! 
  • DoubleEgger
    Maybe the Bears will make it back to 8-8.  =)

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    I don't put all the blame on cutler. That guy had the snot beat out of him when the bears gave him no offensive line. His brains must be scrambled. 

The whole organization is a joke. We've seen the blackhawks get turned around and succeed, and even the cubs. The bears were a team with such pride - a direct line to the origins of pro football. It seems like ownership doesn't care at all the past 5-10 years, so I feel like why should I?  Sucks being a bears fan. (But no way I'd ever switch to the Packers. I'd rather be spiteful.)
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle