Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DJIA

Options
Sardonicus
Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
edited March 2017 in Off Topic

Are you believing this?!
(I am NOT complaining!)

Market Overview Chart of DJIA performance over 1 day

Market is closed. Chart as of 04:00 PM ET 3/1/2017

If this . . .
 . . . exuberance is sustained, then that Trickle Down stuff will be a real boon to Main Street!
That's how it always works, right?

Right?
 :| 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

Comments

• Sardonicus
    Options
    "Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,366
    Options
    Trumps making me money, so it's helping regular folks  B)
    Jacksonville FL
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Its awesome!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Sardonicus
    Options

Yessir.
    It does evoke awe.

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,542
    Options
    I'm liking this big time!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Dinah_Moe_Humm
    Options
    "Most" regular folks don't have a 401k or extra money to invest speculatively.
    D'you think I could interest you in a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers?

Newtown Square, PA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,481
    Options
    A rising tide lifts all boats or somethin like that.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dinah_Moe_Humm
    Options
    oh .. and I didn't add, if you haven't been in it since November 16, don't jump in now.  You will lose.

Newtown Square, PA
  • Sardonicus
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    A rising tide lifts all boats or somethin like that.
    That's true.
    And great.  As long as you have a boat in the water.

(I guess that's where the Trickle Down lifeboat comes into play.)

• ToTheMax
    ToTheMax Posts: 150
    edited March 2017
    Options
    oh .. and I didn't add, if you haven't been in it since November 16, don't jump in now.  You will lose.
    That's what people said at 18k, then at 19k, then at 20k, and now at 21k.

I'm sure it'll come down soon enough, but timing the market is impossible.
    Speculatively playing the market short term, sure I'd probably wait. Long term investment ? eh, not worth the wait.
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,223
    Options
    Surely you don't want to profit off of the man you think is the devil. Perhaps you should donate your investment earnings since Trump took office to charity. 
  • Sardonicus
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ToTheMax said:

. . . but timing the market is impossible . . .
    What you say is certainly true.  I did [wrongly] say all of that and finally took some off just before 20k.
    I'm glad it was only 'some', but . . . looking to take a bit more now.

Not trying to time anything - just looking to lock in a few pennies of profit.

• Dinah_Moe_Humm
    Options
    Surely you don't want to profit off of the man you think is the devil. Perhaps you should donate your investment earnings since Trump took office to charity. 
    From my perspective, DoubleEgger you're mostly correct in your comment. I don't believe Mr. Trump is the devil.  I don't believe in the devil.  I do think he is unqualified and dangerous, however.  We've committed to charities and communal action long before Mr. Trump was elected by the Electoral College.  I don't see our activities changing no matter who is in the White House.

Newtown Square, PA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    ToTheMax said:

. . . but timing the market is impossible . . .
    What you say is certainly true.  I did [wrongly] say all of that and finally took some off just before 20k.
    I'm glad it was only 'some', but . . . looking to take a bit more now.

Not trying to time anything - just looking to lock in a few pennies of profit.

The last guy couldn't have screwed the pooch any worse. Get on board. Choooo chooo. 
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    From my perspective, DoubleEgger you're mostly correct in your comment. I don't believe Mr. Trump is the devil.  I don't believe in the devil.  I do think he is unqualified and dangerous, however.  We've committed to charities and communal action long before Mr. Trump was elected by the Electoral College.  I don't see our activities changing no matter who is in the White House.
    Do you feel President Trump is at least an "Honest Conservative"?  
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    for sure. most people probably don't care what some market average is.

but low GDP growth, year after year, is something i find troubling.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    http://www.investors.com/politics/perspective/justice-department-says-bank-shakedowns-public-service/

is this what qualified looks like? Looks like felonies to this guy. Can you imagine if this president funneled billions in shakedown payments to his cronies and there wasn't even an accounting of where the money went. Good grief! 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    A good day on Wall street. I hope the momentum can sustain and not collapse.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    BTW, the Euro is $1.05 today, and declining.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,036
    Options
    Probably a very good time to take some profits.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Probably a very good time to take some profits.  
    Broker just dumped all US holdings in my portfolio. He suggested climbing on the band wagon last October. Been a very good ride. No need to be too greedy. Will selectively reinvest as the budgets (US and CAN) are tabled. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Dinah_Moe_Humm
    Options
    yljkt said:
    Funny, you remembered!!  No, sir, I don't consider him an honest conservative.  I consider him a business man, an opportunist, not held to any set of principles but to himself.  You do know that he switched from Republican to Democrat back to a Republican.  Which isn't at all odd really, but I do find indicative of the individual.

In my mind an "honest conservative" would be: President Regan (Captain Army), Senator Romney (sucessfull business man) and Senator McCain (War Hero).

Newtown Square, PA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    Options
    yljkt said:
    Funny, you remembered!!  No, sir, I don't consider him an honest conservative.  I consider him a business man, an opportunist, not held to any set of principles but to himself.  You do know that he switched from Republican to Democrat back to a Republican.  Which isn't at all odd really, but I do find indicative of the individual.

In my mind an "honest conservative" would be: President Regan (Captain Army), Senator Romney (sucessfull business man) and Senator McCain (War Hero).
    while he might not fully believe everything conservative, he is staying true to everything he ran on and got elected on =) so far staying true and honest to his campaign.  i think he is a dem at heart but im not complaining, i think romney was a dem as well ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it