Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New member of the family!

Options
2»

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Congrats brother!  Purdy steaks.
    Thanks! My wife loves her filets and said these were the best she's had! Even though she marinades hers in teriyaki! 
    Wonder if your wife and SWMBO are related, same treatment at my house. Great looking cook and when it all comes down to it, pond, mountain, plain or parking lot view can always be made better with an egg in the foreground. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Nothing better than the virgin burn! 

Long live your gasket 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @YukonRon when we bought the large a year ago we both kinda knew we would be in the market for a smaller Kamado in the future and something we could take places with us. i kinda threw the idea of maybe even purchasing a competitor grill but she quickly reminded me why we went green in the first place! Love that woman! =)
    I love her already. My Beautiful Wife knows with each purchase the food keeps getting better. She and I are foodies, her pallett is limited, but she loves beef, pork, chicken, and salmon and other ocean prey. I do the cooking, and I have traded off the wine selection for every meal, as she has really put the effort into pairings, for the protein, specific to the the type of smoke I use. I love My Beautiful Wife, she and the children bought me my MM, specifically for camping and tailgating. Super Smart woman.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • FarmerTom
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    So shiny and new.

Must be convenient to tailgate right up to your door! :)
    Took this idiot a minute to figure out that was his tailgate! Duh! 

@CountryBoy, The fillets are absolute perfection IMO. Nice!
    Great purchase and even better looking protein. Enjoy it!!!!!   But I'm disappointed @SGH hasn't made the association between all this tailgate talk and sphincters.  Was expecting some more annus pics/cooks.   

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    HeavyG said:
    So shiny and new.

Must be convenient to tailgate right up to your door! :)
    Took this idiot a minute to figure out that was his tailgate! Duh! 

@CountryBoy, The fillets are absolute perfection IMO. Nice!
    Great purchase and even better looking protein. Enjoy it!!!!!   But I'm disappointed @SGH hasn't made the association between all this tailgate talk and sphincters.  Was expecting some more annus pics/cooks.   

He's too busy mucking up the LUMP! thread. Sheesh...
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Your pics are great.  Nice backdrop with the water and trees.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • CountryBoy
    Options
    Four cooks on it since Saturday evening. I'm thinking I may have my new favorite cooker! Easy to get hot very fast. So far just direct cooks but I'm very happy with it! Takes a little more rotating and flipping the food with it being so close to the lump but I'm fine with that...... just more time I get to spend by mini max!