Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FAKE NEWS!!! OT OT OT

Options
124»

Comments

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options

It's always seemed odd that people against birth control are also against abortion.
    Go figure.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Botch said:
    Skiddymarker said:
    BTW, anyone wonder why Saudi Arabia and Pakistan were not on the Muslim country ban list? 
    Ayup.  And every single mass shooter we've had since 9/11 have been US citizens.  
    You'll probably have Mexicans soon

Options
    paqman said:
    Botch said:
    Skiddymarker said:
    BTW, anyone wonder why Saudi Arabia and Pakistan were not on the Muslim country ban list? 
    Ayup.  And every single mass shooter we've had since 9/11 have been US citizens.  
    You'll probably have Mexicans soon
    How many are immigrants or sons of?
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    blasting said:

I am not religious, but this thread seems disrespectful to our forum friends whose religion is a integral part of their life.  

Maybe consider becoming democrats?  I've heard those in that party are full of love, open mindedness, tolerance, and acceptance.

I will speak only for myself here when I suggest disrespect for religion comes mostly when said religion uses the Bible, for example, to dictate the rights or freedoms of others. I feel like the rights to swing your's or anyone's religion ends where my face begins.
    Stillwater, MN
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

It's always seemed odd that people against birth control are also against abortion.
    Go figure.

Every sperm is sacred
    Every sperm is great
    When a sperm is wasted
    God gets quite irate!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Here's my libertarian philosophy for an ideal country:

1. Freedom to believe (or not) in any religion.
    2. Government does not inhibit religious activities (unless they violate law)
    3. Government does not pass laws to favor or suppress religious expression
    4. Government is secular: not religious (that would favor one religion over others)
    5. People practice what they preach and don't impose their religious morality and code on anyone outside their religion.

Look at the current and historic countries and their governments in the world.  The governments that are religious based or that, on the other side of the spectrum, ban all religious beliefs are the most dysfunctional and hostile. 
    Options

Go figure.

Every sperm is sacred
    Every sperm is great
    When a sperm is wasted
    God gets quite irate!

Options
    I believe in God. So to some of you I am an idiot. 

As a believer if I am wrong in the end. Oh well. Nothing lost.
    If you are an atheist, and you are wrong you are screwed. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options

If you believe that, you have already lost everything worth having. To sacrifice your freedom. To give up your thoughts and actions to a totaliran dictator who can convict you of thought crime in your sleep. To spend your whole life doing the bidding of someone who commands you to both love and fear him (the essence of sadomasocism). To give even one second of time to any person or deity who creates you sick and commands you on pain of death and eternal tourture in fire to be well again is something I can do without. 

Even if it were true I wouldn't obey. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options

If you believe that, you have already lost everything worth having. To sacrifice your freedom. To give up your thoughts and actions to a totaliran dictator who can convict you of thought crime in your sleep. To spend your whole life doing the bidding of someone who commands you to both love and fear him (the essence of sadomasocism). To give even one second of time to any person or deity who creates you sick and commands you on pain of death and eternal tourture in fire to be well again is something I can do without. 

I appreciate your concern for me, but I am doing just fine. By the way I don't have a problem with atheists. I was in business with a great guy that happened to be one. 

It seems like you guys DO have a problem with Christians though. I know you think we are stupid, blah, blah, who cares, but why the hostility? 

Does it really affect your life in a bad way because people believe in God? 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

I appreciate your concern for me, but I am doing just fine. By the way I don't have a problem with atheists. I was in business with a great guy that happened to be one. 

It seems like you guys DO have a problem with Christians though. I know you think we are stupid, blah, blah, who cares, but why the hostility? 

Nicely put.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options

Yes actually. Abortion, buying liquor on Sunday, marriage laws, the dang VP going to a pro life rally etc etc. the list of stuff that religion messes up for me is endless. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    So you are in anguish because Pence went to a pro life rally. Wow. So abortion on demand without remorse or consequence is ok by you? 

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Concerning buying liquor on Sunday I personally don't have a problem with it. Marriage laws. There again if two dudes want to make it legal it isn't my bag, but I really don't have a problem with that either. 

• johnkitchens
    Options
    I will pray for you Travis. 

• Sardonicus
    Options
    Concerning buying liquor on Sunday I personally don't have a problem with it. Marriage laws. There again if two dudes want to make it legal it isn't my bag, but I really don't have a problem with that either. 
    Yet both instances are examples of freedoms being denied ostensibly because of religion.
    I'm no atheist, but I can see that quite clearly.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Yet both instances are examples of freedoms being denied ostensibly because of religion.

Like I said I really don't have a problem with either of these things, but if your biggest problem in life is the fact that you can't buy liquor on Sunday you really do have a great life. 

• Sardonicus
    edited January 2017
    Options

Like I said I really don't have a problem with either of these things, but if your biggest problem in life is the fact that you can't buy liquor on Sunday you really do have a great life. 
    Yes, you did say that.  Just pointing out that both items were denials of freedom, is all.

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    @johnkitchens
    There are exceptions to everything and I won't speak for others, but I feel like most resentment towards religions or those who practice comes when there is a push to make whatever they happen to believe the law of the land, even when it violates what some consider basic civil rights/liberties. Live and let live and I think everyone will get along fine, or at least better than present.
    Stillwater, MN
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    paqman said:

Go figure.

Every sperm is sacred
    Every sperm is great
    When a sperm is wasted
    God gets quite irate!

Only if you swallow, which my guess is she does.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95