Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Sous Vide Salted Caramel Pots de Creme

As promised, I made salted caramel pots de creme this weekend.  I made chocolate ones last weekend, which were insane.  But salted caramel?  Damn - had to try it.

There are a lot of recipes out there for these.  This one was pretty... pretty... pretty good.  Pretty good!

I riffed off this recipe (minus the illegal substances):

http://www.sousweed.com/blog/2015/8/14/salted-caramel-pot-de-creme

How funny is it that there's an entire website dedicated to making things with pot *and* SV?  Those folks get hungry I guess.

Into the pots:

Topped, sealed, and into the bath. Temp is 80C, which is friggin hot.  

Pro tip: put the pots in before it gets to temp to avoid the thermal shock with the glass.  Also, use a lid or foil or you'll be waiting forever for the bath to get to temp due to the evaporative cooling off the top.  

They're in for an hr once the bath gets all the way up to temp, and then pulled out and set in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.  Topped with a pinch of salt, some real whipped cream, and berries.

Thanks for lookin!
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments