Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Official Egghead Weightloss Competition for 2017

So here is the skinny on the weightloss competition. (pun intended)

Start date: Monday January 16th, 2017.
End Date: Sunday April 9th, 2017

The way this works:

1. You email me pictures of your weigh in showing the scale with your current weight and some sort of date stamp. (Let's be decent in the photos please) You could use a newspaper to show the date stamp, or something else. Weigh in should happen close to the actual start date as much as possible
2. Send me your handle on this forum.
3. Send me your pictures by end of day on Sunday January 15th, 2017.
4. You can email your information to an email address I created for this competition: fletcheregghead@gmail.com

We will do the same process with post weightloss scale and date photos except it will be for Sunday April 9th, 2017.

The goal of the contest is greatest percentage of weightloss over this period of time. The person with the greatest percentage lost will get to choose which prize they want and it will be shipped to their house. The second place person will then get their choice of prizes from the remaining two, and etc. If we have more prizes donated I will update this thread and go from there. 

Prizes: We have a few prizes that have been contributed by some gracious vendors (CGS, Smokeware, Amaz-N-Smoker, and Baking Steel). Thanks to all who donated.

As to the prizes they are as follows:
- Tom at CGS donated a $100 giftcard
- Carlyn at Smokeware is donating their Grate Stacker
- Todd at Amaz-N-Smoker is donating something (not sure yet what)
- Andris at Baking Steel donated  a 15” Round Griddle that was made for the BGE.

Please note: this is supposed to be a friendly motivator to lose that extra weight you have been wanting to but haven't yet. This is not intended to be a perfect set up for a weightloss competition, so there will inherently be flaws to this system, but this has worked in years past. 

If you have questions you can either email the above email address, or send me a PM.

Also for the record I will not be doing the competition as I do not believe that would be fair as an organizer to win a prize. 

Let's keep it friendly, lose those unwanted pounds, and win a prize! (That way its a justifiable excuse to the spouse).

J.T.

Comments