Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My first wings on the egg

Only my third time cooking on my egg. Figured I would test controlling my heat on these chicken wings before trying some ribs tomorrow. Pecan smoke wood with a sweet and spicy sauce. Came out right good

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,747
    Very nice
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Looks great , I'm doing wings tomorrow 
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,280
    Wings rule. You win!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,794
    Nailed it right there.  
    BTW- sometimes the correlation between wing and rib cooks can get lost in the translation.  Just run the ribs til they pass the toothpick test.  FWIW-
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • Your egg has some strange blue purplish ambiance down in there... not sure about that but great looking wings!

XLBGE 
  • @MrCookingNurse I just noticed that hmmm...Kinda crazy
  • Bshults1Bshults1 Posts: 145
    First wings on the egg have always been the best
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,496
    Great cook and welcome aboard.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• You nailed it... looks great
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 5,678
    Wings are one of my favorite, easiest cooks off the Egg.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Thanks for the kind words and the welcome?
  • DillonjmDillonjm Posts: 210
    nice bro, they look great

If you dont like good meat from the grill and good beer or whiskey, then you arent a good person! ~ me
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,072
    From the looks of things.....you more than passed that test. Can't wait for the ribs.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né