Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Joe Tisserie

Options
Does anyone have one and do you really need one with indirect cooking?
XL BGE ~ XL AR ~ XL WOO ~ 20" grate ~ 17.5" stone ~ slide guides ~ Oval grate ~ 18" drip pan ~ Thermapen MK4 ~ SmokeWare SS chimney cap ~ Weber blue tooth thermometer 

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I own one, its used for direct cooking. It is currently gathering dust somewhere in my garage.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • sjm1027
    sjm1027 Posts: 154
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    I own one, its used for direct cooking. It is currently gathering dust somewhere in my garage.
    Like my exercise equipment!  :)
    XL BGE ~ XL AR ~ XL WOO ~ 20" grate ~ 17.5" stone ~ slide guides ~ Oval grate ~ 18" drip pan ~ Thermapen MK4 ~ SmokeWare SS chimney cap ~ Weber blue tooth thermometer 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    No one who owns an egg would DARE buy anything from that other company. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • sjm1027
    Options
    Haha, oh no, what did I start now? 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    But if you do a search for it, you might find one or two reprobates that own one and like it. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • sjm1027
    Options
    Looks like it would do a job on your gasket anyway
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    sjm1027 said:
    Looks like it would do a job on your gasket anyway
    Why?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • sjm1027
    Options
    Sitting on gasket, the heat transfer? Just looks like it would.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    sjm1027 said:
    Sitting on gasket, the heat transfer? Just looks like it would.
    No more than the heat transfer you already get from the ceramics. I have not seen any negative posts on the KJ site about gasket damage.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    Options
    Hi there! One of the Reprobates here! So far, direct only, but at wildly different temps to achieve different results. Haven't see the need for indirect. Would be difficult to set up as well.
    South SLO County
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Really impressed w/ the XL joetisserie. Obviously not an every day accessory, but definitely useful for certain cooks (think picanha, jerk pork, shawarma). Just another non BGE tool in the arsenal, no different than sous vide. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    bweekes said:
    Really impressed w/ the XL joetisserie. Obviously not an every day accessory, but definitely useful for certain cooks (think picanha, jerk pork, shawarma). Just another non BGE tool in the arsenal, no different than sous vide. 
    Wait. You can make those pot de creme things with a Joetisserie?!?  ;)
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    SoCalWJS said:
    Hi there! One of the Reprobates here! So far, direct only, but at wildly different temps to achieve different results. Haven't see the need for indirect. Would be difficult to set up as well.

I use a spider and a stone or a half stone for indirect..
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • ugdlocal13
    ugdlocal13 Posts: 12
    Options
    I was told there is a Joetisserie for the mini max and what size would you get. I