Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country style ribs and boudin

Options
something pretty simple today cuz I'm lazy. Ribs on a few hours then into a pan with a little sauce. Threw some boudin on because, well............hell its boudin, dont really need a reason. Its just good sh!t. 

Little Rock, AR

Comments

• Gravytrain84
    Options
    Very nice. Where's the boudin from?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Damn
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Sonnier's in lake charles. 

Little Rock, AR

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    Always like looking at your posts, looks great.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Wow!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Gravytrain84
    Options
     Nice. I'm in Lafayette.. great boudin around here. 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    Always like looking at your posts, looks great.
    I appreciate hearing that. Life's been a little hectic so havent had much time to cook or post. 

Little Rock, AR

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Yeah I love boudin. I've tried all kinds. The Best Stop, Don's, Tony's in nola, and I like this better than any Ive ever tried. 

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me brother pharmacist. 
    On a seperate note, either text or PM me your mailing address. I'm going to ship you some boudin that will blow your mind. Be sure that my little buddies try it as well. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Well I aint gonna turn that down!

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    Well I aint gonna turn that down!
    It's not homemade, but it is outstanding. You won't be dissatisfied. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I appreciate it!!!!

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    I appreciate it!!!!
    My pleasure. 

Status- Standing by.

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Looks good, been a long while since I've done country style ribs. Sliced butt goodness. 
    Never had boudin, doubt there's any good near me. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Yeah its hard to beat sliced butt when its 2pm before you get to start cooking. 

Little Rock, AR

• sjm1027
    sjm1027 Posts: 154
    Options
    Oh man does that look good, thanks for the post
    XL BGE ~ XL AR ~ XL WOO ~ 20" grate ~ 17.5" stone ~ slide guides ~ Oval grate ~ 18" drip pan ~ Thermapen MK4 ~ SmokeWare SS chimney cap ~ Weber blue tooth thermometer 
  • Gravytrain84
    Options
    Yeah I love boudin. I've tried all kinds. The Best Stop, Don's, Tony's in nola, and I like this better than any Ive ever tried. 
    You need to try Nunu's
  • BrueggeDad
    Options
    Now I'm hungry.  Looks good!
    XL BGE  - Virginia
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Your cooks are just beautiful. I love boudin. My BIL used to bring up some from NO, freshly packed, and we would put them on the egg when he got here. Good times great meals.
    Are those your world famous pickled jalapeños? If so, that is a freakin' delicacy that should be your career. Those are wonderful morsels that make everything better. We used them diced in my BC coleslaw, and it was out of this world.
    Great cook! Thank you for sharing.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Mighty fine looking grub!

quick question... Do you eat tge casing on boudin or does it depend on the type of boudin?
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    All of the boudin I've ever eaten you eat casing and all. Lots of people steam it and eat it but I just cook them indirect on the egg and the casing gets kinda crisp but the inside is still moist. We just love it. 

Little Rock, AR

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Your cooks are just beautiful. I love boudin. My BIL used to bring up some from NO, freshly packed, and we would put them on the egg when he got here. Good times great meals.
    Are those your world famous pickled jalapeños? If so, that is a freakin' delicacy that should be your career. Those are wonderful morsels that make everything better. We used them diced in my BC coleslaw, and it was out of this world.

Yeah those are some of my peppers. We seem to eat them with everything. I have to make more and more every year it seems. After I empty a jar Ive been using the juice to make vinegar sauce for pulled pork. I appreciate the compliments, by the way. 

Little Rock, AR

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Yum yum yum!

XLBGE 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Yeah those are some of my peppers. We seem to eat them with everything. I have to make more and more every year it seems. After I empty a jar Ive been using the juice to make vinegar sauce for pulled pork. I appreciate the compliments, by the way. 
    You should post that recipe for the pickled jalapeños. I would like to make some.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Yessir!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

You should post that recipe for the pickled jalapeños. I would like to make some.
    Aint really a recipe. Thats why they are so good. You just slice your peppers (I use food processor) and buy this http://store.mrswagesstore.com/mrswagbreadb.html

then follow the directions only use peppers instead of cucumbers. Sometimes I mix the sugar half white and half dark brown but other than that just follow the package directions. Simple as that. 

Little Rock, AR

• YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

Aint really a recipe. Thats why they are so good. You just slice your peppers (I use food processor) and buy this http://store.mrswagesstore.com/mrswagbreadb.html

then follow the directions only use peppers instead of cucumbers. Sometimes I mix the sugar half white and half dark brown but other than that just follow the package directions. Simple as that. 
    Thank you, will do.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky