Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post pics of your "Sweaty Egg"

I have always thought of an oozing sweaty egg as a badge of honor.  Post a pic of your sweating egg. 

Comments

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Wow impressive!

Mostly low n slows on that or do you mix it up regularly with steak/pizza hot cooks too?

a clean burn to cleanse?
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • I don't have any pics, but if i did, they aren't worthy of being in the same thread as yours…. Not exactly sure how many butts you had to smoke to do that

XLBGE 
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Wait for @fishlessman to post.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    SWMBO was not interested!! =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @hans61 - I mix it up often with L&S and high temp steaks and pizza.  Did steaks on Friday night and that is what I found this afternoon when I went back out to do some chicken.  

@lousubcap - glad she wasn't interested.... We aren't either.  
  • I went out to mine the other day after a few low and slows in a row and mine finally started getting the ol meat sweats. I probably use mine twice as much for hot cooks and I figured that had just as much to do with it. (You can get a pic tomorrow, it's cold and I'm not going outside...got some Breaking Bad to catch up on)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Four years going and mine's never done that.  Ick.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    edited January 2017
    I have always thought of an oozing sweaty egg as a badge of honor.  Post a pic of your sweating egg. 

Never understood why a few eggs bleed like that as it is not commonplace - at least in the years I've been around. Your egg surface, band and general appearance let alone your few posts here makes me think your egg is realively new and not some old workhorse having seen years of heavy greasy cooks. OTOH the condition of the wooden handle and wings tells me your egg sits out in the weather probably exposed to direct sunlight as well. There must be an explanation.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP said:

Never understood why a few eggs bleed like that as it is not commonplace - at least in the years I've been around. Your egg surface, band and general appearance let alone your few posts here makes me think your egg is realively new and not some old workhorse having seen years of heavy greasy cooks. OTOH the condition of the wooden handle and wings tells me your egg sits out in the weather probably exposed to direct sunlight as well. There must be an explanation.
    You may be on to something. I'd say that egg is at least 4-7 years old. 

Ive had 3 eggs at 4 different houses. The only time my large sweated was at the house it sat out in the elements. But it was just little brown beads and a few drip lines. 

XLBGE 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Image result for sweaty balls
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Large BGE -- New Jersey

• @MrCookingNurse - Bingo.  It is 7 years old and it lives a happy life outside.

@RRP - Post count isn't everything as some of us are lurkers in the deep.  My egg might be not an "old workhorse" in your perspective of time.  However, it is in mine. =)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    @MrCookingNurse - Bingo.  It is 7 years old and it lives a happy life outside.

@RRP - Post count isn't everything as some of us are lurkers in the deep.  My egg might be not an "old workhorse" in your perspective of time.  However, it is in mine. =)
    No offense meant, man! I'm just saying next to the picture that @fishlessman is known for posting here yours is the second bloodly most I recall seeing. Whether new or old there has to be something that made yours and his do this whereas it is not commonplace. Peace! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP said:

You may be on to something. I'd say that egg is at least 4-7 years old. 

Ive had 3 eggs at 4 different houses. The only time my large sweated was at the house it sat out in the elements. But it was just little brown beads and a few drip lines. 
    It is not uncommon

damp/rainy conditions and an egg being fired at high temps for an extended period (for the first time in a while)

that's all it is

entrained water, raised to boiling temps, and expanding 1700 times  (steam), forces out dirt, pollen, grease etc.  it comes out thru the crazing and there you go

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    My minimax did it tonight. Rarely used. Sat out in freezing rain and sleet. Fired to 600 tonight started to sweat. 

My older large has has never done it really. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    My small has done that 3 times. Just use it. After one cook it was gone.
  • Coul
    Coul Posts: 111
    @Hairless_Hand I take it that wasn't one of your better CI pans thats on your nest  =)
    LBGE circa 2016
  • @Coul - that is a crappy CI from harbour freight that is cracked. It is now used to collect rocks from my charcoal. 
  • herbu
    herbu Posts: 125
    RRP said:your egg sits out in the weather probably exposed to direct sunlight as well. There must be an explanation.
    Hairless, are you sure a flock of seagulls or buzzards don't roost on your egg at night?
    Of all the lies I tell, "Just kidding" is my favorite.

XLBGE, Jordan Lake, NC
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,736
    its just the self cleaning feature of the higher end eggs. imagine what the insides of eggs without this feature looks like =)  i would not want to cook in one of those

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TheToast
    TheToast Posts: 376
    Mine does it when left in the rain for a few days and then I cook at a high heat. I imagine it's rainwater that soaks in that then gets expelled by the heat, rather than internal moisture leaking out. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,750
    Image result for sweaty balls
    Scrotum Check
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian