Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ALERT!! ALERT!!! 3RD ANNUAL NEW ORLEANS BRISKET CAMP OCT 22ND 2016!!!

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @piney @The Cen-Tex Smoker 
    Yall were missed at BC. I was looking forward to seeing y'all again.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited October 2016
    Options
    CTMike said:
    "Learned how to properly trim brisket,

You need to share that tip with the rest of us =) 

that scrapple is pretty tasty,

Scrapple kicks a$$!!

that I hate raw oysters,

We are no longer friends due to the above ;) 

that head cheese made with sheep nuts is good,

Glad that you enjoyed it brother. 

that I'm buying a sous vide unit,

Money well spent. 

that Baltimore pit beef is orgasmic,

Awesome stuff for sure. 

that bengal cats are pretty farking cool,

I hate cats in general. But I have to admit, that one is pretty cool. 

that NOLA is an amazing city full of friendly democrats,

And hippies :D 

that watching someone puke up head cheese when you tell them what's in it is hilarious,

That was priceless. Truly worth its weight in gold!!

that a liberal Phd holding professor from Duke can be hilarious,

As much as I like him, we still need to convert him to the right side =) 

and that a good ole boy from Mississippi has probably forgotten more about Q than I'll ever know."

I have a feeling that fellow makes most of that $hit up. However, I assure you that he really appreciates the compliment. It was a pleasure meeting you brother. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I love that turtle soup!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    I was bummed out to miss it for sure. I was really looking forward to the boat ride as much as anything. If it makes you feel any better I have been in Charlotte NC, Harrisburg, PA, Pittsburgh PA, and Washington PA for work this week. I have been voting my ass off at every opportunity. I figure if you are going to commit voter fraud, you may as well do it in a few swing states instead of the Red Menace that is the Great State of Texas :)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    I was bummed out to miss it for sure.

I fully understand. I had to back out at the very last moment last year myself. Got sent offshore the evening that I was going to drive over. Sometimes life just gets in the way. Maybe next year brother Tex. 

I have been voting my ass off at every opportunity. I figure if you are going to commit voter fraud, you may as well do it in a few swing states 

If you are voting for Donald "The Truth" Trump, then I hope you get away with it. If you are voting for that liberal pile of crap, I hope you get arrested
     ;)  ;) 

Status- Standing by.

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker. What business do you have in WashPa?  Being a local not too many folks travel to Little Washington.  Oil & Gas?
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker. What business do you have in WashPa?  Being a local not too many folks travel to Little Washington.  Oil & Gas?
    Is there cheap beer there? 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RedSkip
    Options
    @DMW Yeah, pretty small town that has grown due to shale gas,  nothing impressive but a hop from Pittsburgh and the South Hill (suburbs) of Pitt is decent.  I wouldn't go out of my way to visit WashPa that's for sure.  
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I love that turtle soup!
    That turtle soup was one of the best soups I've ever had.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    I sell pants. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Skip,- my business was actually in Morgantown but I stayed in Washington. I really do selll pants though (sort of). I thought Washington was pretty nice. Lots of new high tech companies sprouting up out there. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    My sister went to Washington & Jefferson. Washington, PA is a fun little town.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    My sister went to Washington & Jefferson. Washington, PA is a fun little town.
    This boy knows Baltimore pitt beef!  Hoping you get back to but blast brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I have to say one of the really great things about Brisket Camp was that there was a lot of fun around the place but I didn't see a single bottle of sauce all day. A true testament to the meat and the cooks!  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I have to say one of the really great things about Brisket Camp was that there was a lot of fun around the place but I didn't see a single bottle of sauce all day. A true testament to the meat and the cooks!  
    Agreed, I was looking to make pork burnt ends from what was left of the Berkie belly, couldn't find a single bottle.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • RedSkip
    Options
    Skip,- my business was actually in Morgantown but I stayed in Washington. I really do selll pants though (sort of). I thought Washington was pretty nice. Lots of new high tech companies sprouting up out there. 
    Interesting perspective, I wouldn't have thought that.  Hope that 'pants' business is doing well for ya.  I'd assume it's a hard market to be in.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    So how were the balls?

I saw @SGH was bringing them...not sure how they were prepared, but I could've missed the pics.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    Interesting perspective, I wouldn't have thought that.  Hope that 'pants' business is doing well for ya.  I'd assume it's a hard market to be in.
    I'll let you know next time I am through and we can grab a beer. I'll likely be there or somewhere close 2-3 times a year. We went to Arlecchino's in Cannonsburg- holy cow that place is awesome. Portions are out of control in the very Pittsburgh way but it was great. Cool place too.
  • RedSkip
    Options
    I'll let you know next time I am through and we can grab a beer. I'll likely be there or somewhere close 2-3 times a year. We went to Arlecchino's in Cannonsburg- holy cow that place is awesome. Portions are out of control in the very Pittsburgh way but it was great. Cool place too.
    Arlecchino's is a fantastic place to eat in the South Hills by far.  I'm honestly not sure what can complete with it.  I work in Canonsburg, so I'm close to where you are.  Feel free to hit me up next time you're around.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • SGH
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    So how were the balls?

I saw @SGH was bringing them...not sure how they were prepared, but I could've missed the pics.
    I made a imitation version of Hog head cheese with them. I call it Hog ball cheese or Nuts & Butts as it's made from a pork butt (shoulder) and testicles. 

Status- Standing by.

• WhiteyQ
    WhiteyQ Posts: 29
    Options
    NOLA Brisket Camp...A "must do" for all who appreciate good people, BBQ and the funky atmosphere that is so unique to the Crescent City...God willing, I'll be back.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    SGH said:I... I call it Hog ball cheese or Nuts & Butts as it's made from a pork butt (shoulder) and testicles.
    :lol: that's great.   I am guessing it was enjoyed.

I never have been one for head cheese, but I'll admit it's the look of it...and also probably the contents.   But nuts and butts...well, I'd have to try that for the name alone!
    LBGE/Maryland
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    Arlecchino's is a fantastic place to eat in the South Hills by far.  I'm honestly not sure what can complete with it.  I work in Canonsburg, so I'm close to where you are.  Feel free to hit me up next time you're around.
    will do for sure.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    SGH said:
    The worst part about Brisket Camp. 

The clean up.  
    Do you store the SF outside or in/under some type of structure? 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • SGH
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    SGH said:
    The worst part about Brisket Camp. 

The clean up.  
    Do you store the SF outside or in/under some type of structure? 
    I keep it covered my friend. A big unit sitting out in the elements is a no no in my book. 

Status- Standing by.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    Unfortunately my unit has been covered for way too long  ;)  But it is Friday.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    I have read so many compliments about the Baltimore pit beef and it sounds like something MDSH might enjoy.  Would you mind sharing your recipe @Eggcelsior?
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    GrannyX4 said:
    I have read so many compliments about the Baltimore pit beef and it sounds like something MDSH might enjoy.  Would you mind sharing your recipe @Eggcelsior?
    That pit beef is truly outstanding. The tiger sauce that he makes to go with it is phenomenally good. I still remember it fondly from last BC 2015. DMW said:
    I love that turtle soup!
    Its one of the top 10 things I've ever put in my mouth. Its that good. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    I love that turtle soup!
    I must have missed the turtle soup. Who made it?

Status- Standing by.