Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Major Award

Options
Just thought I would share some photos of yesterday's second Columbus Ohio Eggfest. we have had a team both years. The local dealer Specialty Gas House, did a fantastic job again this year organising the event. They are an awesome bunch of people and do a great job with the community in general. Everything is donated so that 100% of all tickets, beer sales, raffles and silent auction go to OSU, The James Cancer Research Foundation. Cancer survivors were running the silent auction booth and The James was raffleing off dinner and weekend get-always. I got the Corn Toss in a live auction that one of the other team members donated. There were 23 cook teams this year, and I will bet more than 1000 tasters over the course of the whole day. They have three awards as a part of the event. Peoples Choice, Mystery Meat Challenge, and The Very Prestigeous Award-Award, which we won this year. This trophy goes to the team who has a combination of the best dish and engages the tasters the most. We did Pizza and Tacos El Pastor. My BIL made Pizza and did a fantastic job of explaining homemade dough, having people come over and watch him stretch dough and slide it off the peel. I made Tacos El Pastor to order with onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and fresh salsa, and ran it like a food cart. I gave away 50 lbs of pork and 20 lbs of Mexican beans I cooked with lots of cumin, onion and fresh garlic.  BIL made 22---16 inch pizzas and I made roughly 300---6 inch tacos. My SIL kept everything flowing, cutting pizzas, talking to the crowd and made sure the corn tortillas never ran out. It was a ton of fun and we will be there again next year.  For reference, I'm the vertically challenged guy in the blue hat. Thanks for looking. 
Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.

Comments