Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti bottle opener

Options
Quick!!!  go get the new Yeti-Brick bottle opener! only $49.99!!

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Why the hell would anyone buy a Yeti Brick bottle opener when you can buy 72 beers (3-24 packs) that are in cans or twist off for the same price? Let's see......72 beers or a bottle opener?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Raymont said:

Are you sure it opens bottles?  A bunch of us here bought bottle openers that don't open bottles.  This still cracks me up.

Phoenix 
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    So its made overseas, and costs $50.00. Shocker. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Some of y'all will argue over anything. You never see me doing such ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I'm in for 2 cause I have 2 hands.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Looks kinds cook, but I'll stick to the one I've got that made from an old railroad spike,

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,105
    Options
    Truthfully, its probably the item with the lowest margin they sell.

Oh, and I hate you guys.  Now I want one.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Women will buy it as gifts for their men.  Especially when they go "on sale" for only $39.99.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    I bet it keeps you cap cold...... =)
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    But...it's a "limited run" and bound to become a collectible worth many times its current asking price. I think I'll buy a half dozen as an investment.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    @ryantt - now that's funny right there!!!!

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• FanOfFanboys
    Options
    blasting said:
    Raymont said:

Are you sure it opens bottles?  A bunch of us here bought bottle openers that don't open bottles.  This still cracks me up.

which one is that?
    I have the tarpon, a reasonable $10, but yeti gave it to me for free for doing a survey a few years ago
    Boom
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    blasting said:
    Raymont said:

which one is that?
    I have the tarpon, a reasonable $10, but yeti gave it to me for free for doing a survey a few years ago
    There was a group buy for cast iron pig head bottle openers.  Rumor has it they looked good but didn't actually open bottles. IIRC this could be fixed by filing the pics front lip or something. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    Here are some other options... some of these are pretty neat!
    http://www.businessinsider.com/unique-bottle-openers-2016-5/#fern-living-12

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    I'm holding out until I see some hot chicks ass in a thong with one  =)
    Jacksonville FL
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Dobie said:

She's gonna have to flex to hold that thing....

Back on Topic:  The link that @Raymont posted above has an eerily similar style opener.  Wonder if they can go after Yeti for Copyright?????

EDIT - just clicked their link.  Seems they are sold out of the Brass one from the link....  Dangit!

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    blasting said:
    Raymont said:

which one is that?

@Thatgrimguy bought a huge quantity of pig bottle openers - I want to say a hundred.  He offered them to us, with the proceeds going to charity.  We members jumped all over them.  The demand was so great that he bought another bulk buy of them and sold those to forum members.  Finally someone asked how they were supposed to work and it turns out they were defective.

There was a way to file them down so they'd work, but I didn't bother.  I have five of them hung up in my garage and I get a chuckle every time I notice them.  This is in no way a reflection of Brother Grim.  The fact that the nicest guy in the world sold them makes it even funnier to me.
    Phoenix 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Dobie said:

She's gonna have to flex to hold that thing....

Back on Topic:  The link that @Raymont posted above has an eerily similar style opener.  Wonder if they can go after Yeti for Copyright?????

EDIT - just clicked their link.  Seems they are sold out of the Brass one from the link....  Dangit!
    They seem to have some - https://shop.coolmaterial.com/products/you-earned-it-bottle-opener
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I absolutely want one of these - don't care if it says yeti or not and probably wouldn't pay more than $10-15 for it, but very cool, heavy, overdone tool.  Probably hard to misplace too.
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Legume said:
    I absolutely want one of these - don't care if it says yeti or not and probably wouldn't pay more than $10-15 for it, but very cool, heavy, overdone tool.  Probably hard to misplace too.
    RTIC will have one on their site for $10 in 3...2...1...

• reh111
    reh111 Posts: 196
    Options
    We don't need no stinkin' bottle opener

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    if you put that new opener on my roadie or 45 there is not way in hell i could life the damn thing
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I saw the flip for the first time.... Ok now that thing $280 is silly just silly.
    Seattle, WA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Well what next. Wine and margarita glasses? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Another company already makes those @northGAcock
  • SGH
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    RTIC includes a free bottle opener with every rotomolded cooler purchase. Not soft coolers or cups. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    SGH said:
    HeavyG said:
    RTIC includes a free bottle opener with every rotomolded cooler purchase. Not soft coolers or cups. 

That looks kinda ghetto. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Lit said:
    That looks kinda ghetto. 
    You can't say stuff like that. It's racist ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Here's a picture of my 50 caliber casing bottle opener my wife got me. Probably 1/4 the cost of the Yeti and was made by a military veteran. 
    Would love his contact info, me want!  I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!!

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month